Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

thats an awesome idea

4X4 Jimmy did a nice job welding up my transmission tunnel. Huge thanks to him. Here is is installed. I wish the hole for the shifter was about 3/8" more forward, but i think this will do just fine :smiley: :

Then i got to work removing the sunroof mechanism so it can be welded shut. Making a new headliner is going to be a small PITA, but i have to get it done before the cage goes in (about 12 days):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ctnewman2/DSC01550.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ctnewman2/DSC01552.jpg

lookin good as always man :tup:

rehost the pics so i can seeee them at work…

which ones? the tunnel?

see attached:

As if you dont have enough to do, your deleting the sunroof and making a new headliner!! Any lesser of a baller would just leave it!! hahahaha.:headbang:

looks nice, how much room is left for the ebrake? or you could change the ebrake out for a line lock…

the ebrake is close, but i am just going to shim up the front a 1/4 inch or so.

Nice.

Everything looks good. Nothing is half assed like you would expect when someone is doing so many thing at one time.

Also, threw a little cad dwg together so they know what kind of radiator to make me @ moxies (props to tom marks for helping me out with that!)

:tup: awesome work newman I hope I can get good with CAD im my engineering classes

So on a percentage bases, how much time a day do you work and how much time do you spend making stuff for yourself?

What is the main goal with this car? Is it going to be strictly track? Are you going to do a finished interior?

newman…
i was thinking about this yesterday with the roof…you’re probably going to want to add a dynomat or similar type deal between the skin of the roof, and the headliner…

lightly grind around the perimeter of the roof and the sunroof, and let me know when its ready. we’ll probably just tack every 5" or so around the perimeter, and then bond the rest with a structural adhesive like we talked about. if anyone has a better solution, please, feel free to add your thoughts… :headbang:

1:12

to be a badass motherfucker

a bimmer from jahpahn

newman is such a stud, seen him at innovative today :D. sti looked :pimp:. can’t wait to see this bimmer when its all done

any new projected launch date for the BMW yet? we’re all tingling with anticipation…

as soon as i am out, newman will be soon after