Newman's 1986 BMW 326rb build thread.

cough acid dip cough

im not bitching about him not getting it done.

im just interested in an interesting car.

honestly newman i would tkae your time to the point where when its complete its FLAWless.

why go all out and have it be half-assed anyway?

[quote=“Jam,post:1115,topic:22123"”]

christ man the kid worked all weekend. give him a break, jesus…

its only nice like 3 months out of the year, he has better things to do with that time. why is everyone talking shit and doubting him? chill the fuck out.

[/quote]

Jesus Christ, do you ppl think my 168hrs comment was serious?

I fucking went to architecture school. Im very familiar with being too busy…

[quote=“suzukiriderman,post:1120,topic:22123"”]

I can answer that for you. I tried soda, then sand on the bottom they didn’t do much with this stuff at all. I then tried to use some solvents but they would not help much either. I guess we are not quite set up for removing this stuff. I have stripped many, many cars inside and out without any problems. I could do it but at this rate it would take like 8 hours. I already have over 4 hours into it. If anyone has any suggestions please share…
This stuff has been nothing but a headache.

[/quote]

So it took you 2 months to do 4 hours of work and figure out you can’t do it?

Whats the updates on this Newman?
Any pictures or info on the bmw?

hey newman when this is done, i will take the 240 off your hands… just sayin. :slight_smile:

Is it just the undercoating on the car thats the problem? If its undercoated so well why would you want to blast it? Just wondering…

i would guess the rust is in the floorpans and theres undercoating all around the surrounding areas

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:1128,topic:22123"”]

i would guess the rust is in the floorpans and theres undercoating all around the surrounding areas

[/quote]

There was just some surface rust left on the car. I just wanted it all gone so i could paint it. Plus the undercoating has to weigh 50 lbs.

wtf thread? it keeps redirecting me to page 45 when i try to go to page 46.

now i’m on 46…howie fix this!!!

[quote=“Dex,post:1130,topic:22123"”]

wtf thread? it keeps redirecting me to page 45 when i try to go to page 46.

[/quote]

stop being so 1337 dude…

wtf?!? :uhh:

including today I will have completed 48 hours of work and this is killing me. On my lunch break i need to replace my blower motor in my car and destroy a ham sandwich. hahahah

should be recommencing work in about a month.

These arrived today. They are gold, not orange or yellow as my shitty pic reveals…

Good stuff :tup:

[quote=“vq30de,post:1123,topic:22123"”]

Jesus Christ, do you ppl think my 168hrs comment was serious?

I fucking went to architecture school. Im very familiar with being too busy…

[/quote]

asshole

sweet rims man. are u and eviljay gonna cruise together now?

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:1138,topic:22123"”]

sweet rims man. are u and eviljay gonna cruise together now?

[/quote]

haha. mine totally pwn jay’s

im pretty sure ur whole car is gonna totally pwn jays, but thats just an assumption.

i think he bought his to try and be like you…sad