Nico's 87 5.0

My car had a fair amount of rust and dents and I ended up replacing the fenders and hood and having new metal put in the lower 1/4’s.

Its already bubbling in spots and the paint job is terrible. If I keep the car Im going to eventually get it repainted.

Im done with racing my car. Its not even remotely fast and something usually breaks if I race it.

its a very easy job. I had the trans out of my 5.0 in 45 minutes. including taking off the exhaust/driveshaft

Putting the exhaust back on is the worst part. Putting in a clutch myself a few years ago is the main reason my car has long tube headers and a different X pipe than it had before.

last time i raced mine was on the northway with a bad radiator got the old boy up to 150 before having to back off to make the exit.

the thing is i haven’t had any experience doing tranny work and i’d rather have someone who has help.

yeah my h pipe broke in half this summer hitting a animal on my way back from johnstown. damn thing shot straight under the car and drilled the h pipe.

PM wayne64ss he has a lift and does cheap very reasonably priced work.

+1 on wayne.

How did you know you were doing 150? Doesnt the speedometer stop at 85 on your car?

Mine has a 140 mph speedometer and I pinned it on the northway so no idea how fast it really was going.

after 155 I just guess…

or ask the guy that was looking at my bumper how fast he was going. That gives me a general idea that I was going faster then him…

nope mine has a ford racing 160 speedo in it.

oh, ok. I just know that normally an '87 stops at 85. I think the government mandated that for a while.

yeah the guy i bought it from swapped it out do to the fact he was turning it into a drag car.

What have you run against with the car?

WS6 trans am. 69 440 dodge charger, 1970 Chevy Chevelle kicked my ass.

want.second.car.

A stock '01? Z06 beat my car from a roll on the highway and mine seems to have alot more done to it than yours. Heads, cam, intake, exhaust, 4.10’s, motor, etc.

thing was a beast, plum crazy purple /w bumble bee stripe met at kohls car meet guy had rebuilt the car from the ground up.

paulys? I put 3+ cars on him from a 30 roll on motor…

only got the charger do to him lacking traction, and i ran down the WS6. but the chevelle hit from the line and walked all over me.

yeah, his car killed mine. I think he ran 13.1 at LVD and my car ran 13.7.