Nissan 300zx Guys Look Inside

Not sure if belongs in GEN AUTO but here we go…where do u guys source your parts from… in particulat Brake Calipers…

ummm idunno, maybe someone is sellin some on 300zxclub.com or some other z forum…junkyards too

courtesyparts.com normally has everything…u could basically build a new Z with all their parts its very good

brand new brake calipers from the factory = mucho dinero

Buy them from autozone, then turn in your old ones as cores a few days later. It’s a little shady, but it works.

i dunno if they will take Maxima calipers as 300zx cores…and courtesyparts wants like 250 a caliper

240sx guys do it all the time.

300zx calipers are worth the 250 unless u find some ebay ones…or check andy’s front clip

ahhhhhh…i c…they are special order and my buddy is a manager there…i will talk to him see what he says

Chris you want me to see what cost would be at the dealership?

if u could…i really dont want to turn mine in for cores so when i sell the car i a can put them back on

What year? and are 300zx calipers the same for TT and NA?

bastards didnt send the brakes with my clip…

the tt and na brake systems are all the same except the 1990 NA rotors were just a tad bit thinner i do believe…

you can try for a used pair junkyards, ebay, z1motorsports.com, courtesyparts…or any z forum like zdriver.com, 300zxclub.com, and twinturbo.net…maybe some 240 forums will have them for sale too seeing that it is a popular upgrade among the 240 group

for new, czp.us is good…

edit: or you can just sign up on zdriver.com, and from their 300zx performance/technical pages, there should be a thread at the top titled something like “general Z32 info” and it has every link to every distributor, video, diy, etc you need for 300zx related stuff…

I’ve heard very good things about Courtesy Nissan.

Nooooooooooo :slight_smile:

There are 3 Z32 Calipers;

26mm Aluminum (Only used on '90 NAs)
30mm Aluminum (Used on '90 TTs and all Z32s '91->'93)
30mm Iron (Used on all Z32s '94+)

You’ll never find a new, never used set of calipers (since they don’t make them anymore.) All you can buy are re-manufactured calipers. Either find a used set on www.twinturbo.net / the internet, or anty-up and pay the $500+ for a re-man pair from a autoparts store like Autozone (since you won’t have a core.) You could try and use your stockers as a core… in that case it would cost around $200 for re-mans… but you’d have to figure out a way to get away with it.

i stand corrected…that’s why you’re onyx…and i’m just andy…

You’re just gay.

If you’re trying to do a swap The easiest way would be to get a set from an autoparts store. If you buy a loaded caliper you get the mounting bracket, new pins and all. The counter person at advance or autozone is not going to know the calipers you return aren’t the same. Just pay cash.

ok heres the deal i need 91+ calipers because i dont care if the are iron or aluminum…what i am doing id buying brackets and SS lines from a guy on Maxima.org…the kit he fabricates uses 300zx calipers…his brackets…SS Lines with fittings to mate maxima hard lines with 300zx calipers and 2003 Maxima 12.6" rotors giving me about 1.5" bigger brakes…i have found the calipers on ebay i am jsut wonderign if anyone has a set or knows a cheaper place to get them…
http://mattblehm.com/300ZX_brakes.htm

i should see if newman got brakes with ihs R32 clip…too i think they are the same…or atleast have the same mounting points

yep, i learned that early 90’s zs use thinner brake calipers the hard way(by nearly destroying one), so yeah onyx has a good point