& you
& yo momma
& yo cousin too

i lol’d when i seen it

I sort of want that shirt

x2

That is awesome.

well, i botched how its setup, lol…but here it is

http://a559.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/126/l_825c783b3264323e4a2bf2fa9a940046.jpg

LOL

there was a dipset one, a wu tang one and many more in that style that ive seen, all amazing if you ask me.

redcivichb is signed to fix your face records, he’s rolling with noodles. i probably shouldnt say this but i’m jealous he gets to go to europe as trazz’s touring DJ! greg deserves it though, i am very proud of him and it’s a stress off my shoulders to see someone in my team of friend finally succeeding in their dreams to do what they’ve always wanted to.

as for me, hiphop kinda bores me, i wish it became honest and a little more original again…but there still are some really good records few and far between.

Is lil Wayne really considered with tupac and biggie? I alwas thought he was some weird lookin dude with a weird voice. I havn’t listened to rap since I was 16 and he was a nobody back then.

What might those be?

Seriously. I really want some new shit that isnt ghey as fuck.

I havent found anything worth while in the past 3-4 years.

Depends what you’re looking for. Being a DJ I think some of the snap music is fun for what it is…but people blow it up to be such a big deal. I personally believe songs like Get Silly are a little much when they’re #1, but it’s nice to play songs like that to a crowd and actually have them know them up here. Granted I haven’t played that song out and don’t really plan on it for the type of clubs I’ve been playing lately, I can still relate to them. It’s a bit ridiculous that Soulja Boy probably made more money for Interscope then say, 50 Cent last year - not that I think 50 is good anymore - but he is slightly more established and has quite the household name.

To answer your question, I think there’s still some decent hip-hop out there. Outkast still puts out decent material. Their song on DJ Drama’s last album was easily the best cut. They have Royal Flush with Raekwon out now, great song. Bun B is really overlooked as a shitty southern rapper, but he’s incredibly talented and deserves a lot more credit then he’s getting. RIP Pimp C by the way :frowning: . Busta’s new song Throw The Water On Em is real fresh. The Dream has a great R&B CD and he’s responsible for a lot of the material on the radio nowadays as a songwriter. I can go on.

There’s still decent rap/hiphop, it’s just harder to come across in a commercial setting. I came up just like the rest of us, but didn’t get into hip-hop heavily until Dre came out with 2001. My respect for artists goes back to the beginning, but I can appreciate everything, including a good handful of the southern rap coming out. I miss a lot of aspects of every time period, but each time period in rap has something to offer. Right now, stupidity like Get Silly and Soulja Boy doesn’t necessarily need to be in everyones CD player, but I can appreciate why people enjoy it in the club.

On another note…I played A Milli last night, and they must be playing it on every station…everyone in the place knew every word. I was pretty surprised, I don’t DJ in the fucking hood (at least much anymore).

Like theres that many words to a milli? lol. and the song is overly popular. i hear it 435432 billions of times a day from random white trash cars at red lights.

I am not really looking for a DJ stand point, just what I like. I havent really even looked for good “hiphop” in a commercial setting since dre 2001. I love outkast, but I think their love below/ speakerboxx album really wasnt that good. I know it sold a bazillion copies, but I didnt like it. It just seems that most of the stuff on the radio today is really just garbage. A year or so ago there was a lot of radio stuff that I could feel (a little), but lately there has been nothing but garbage and people still love it! But all in all I never really listened to commercial anyways.

I can feel some of that southern style but a lot of it is just staight up pop junk. I cannot consider soulja boy hiphop music, I really dont think I can consider that any kind of music it just really is plain terrible.

Only mixtape I guess I could say I have is this and the other two in the series. There was supposed to be a Vol 4 but I dont know what happened to that:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VEK26SF2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I am sure everyone in this thread owns this since everyone seems to be a self proclaimed hiphop expert! LoL.

I just think that hiphop has really fell off in the past few years, even the underground stuff has gotten weak, half of its all whinney emohop Like Sage Francis and Atmosphere. I really havent found a new artist that I like in a while commercial or underground.

I dont know if you have ever visited http://sandboxautomatic.com/, but they always have lots of good stuff. Its just a little sketchy on what to buy anymore.

EDIT: I went and listened to “A milli” after you mentioned it, I am sorry but thats really a horrible song.

sage francis is a faggot

atmosphere fucking blows

soundbombing II was the shit, i remember bumping that shit in my tempo when i was 18 lol

i fully agree. soula boy sucks, is not hip hop, is not music, is fucking retarded.

not sure if you’d like it, but check out my boys Chief & Phathom of Past Due. Chief is from Detroit, and Phathom is from Niagara Falls. We all went to college together, and now they’re out in Chicago trying to do their thing. I just had them back here 2 weeks ago for a show in NF…and they’ll be back July 25th in Pitt, and 26th in the falls for their new album release party.

Check em out, see if you like.

Chief - CHIEF | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos

Phathom - PHATHOM | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos

Past Due - PAST DUE | Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos

go to MEDIA… audio, section. on the right there is highest rated tracks and there is some real nice ish in there.

for the lazyies: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio

just saying my view on things, I know you couldnt care less on my DJ perspective…just saying…time and place with everything and 99 percent of people forget the time and place for shit like that.

i had that cd, haha. atmosphere’s first CD was alright, now he’s straight whiny shit

but hey what do i know, i gave up on hiphop a long while ago.

Not to say I dont care about your standpoint as a DJ, I am just trying to say I cant really relate.

yeah, but that’s why I said the second paragraph. I think you’ll find that shit more interesting. I was just making the point regarding shit like Soulja Boy. Not that I’m a fan of him - at all.

if anyone checked out those links i posted above and liked it, heres a link to download 5 years worth of Chief’s CD’s. every album he’s ever put out.

This has actually been bouncing around in my brain all weekend.

i don’t think wigger is a racist term. Sure, it’s BASED on a racist word, but that’s the end of it.

Black people can’t help being black.

White people CHOOSE to look/dress like douchebags.

If i was a genuine bigot (i am not, duh):
NIGGER

NIGGER

WIGGER
http://sillydad.com/silly/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/wigger-15513.jpg

WHITE PERSON