No More Drinking & Driving For Toyota Owners (UPDATE: Now ALL Makes?)

ah god i just can’t think of some dude saying this and sounding intelligent. you sound like the president

or how much “abnormal steering” it takes for it to turn the car off. Because that could become very dangerous depending on the situation. Such as trying to avoid a deer, or other accident, and then your car turns off.

plus i want to know how long the car stays shut down for.

worst idea ever.

They should put this in an option package with Jump to Conclusions floor mats

lol… I can just imagine the response

“I’m fine ocifer, how are yous?”
“Sir, Have you been drinking?”
“Fuck yeah wooooooooo, this shit is fuuun”"

anyone who thinks that putting a speed governor on a car, is comparable to stopping drunk drivers is a fucking moron

speeding does not kill nearly as many ppl as drunk driving. so according to ur theories we should just let ppl drink and drive and they should take responsibility for their actions??

what if they fucking kill someone guys?? what if they kill one of ur relatives.

if i told you that ur parents were killed by drunk drivers, and that the driver lived, but hes going to jail for a few years, would u feel thats justice? i sure as shit wouldnt.

now if ur parents go out for a nice night on the town, and dont get struck by a drunk driver because that driver wasnt able to get his car out of the lot. u wouldnt think anything of it, you would never know that maybe some shit could have gone down. all because toyota decided to do something nice for innocent ppl’s safety

i understand that how u guys feel, ppl suing over spilt coffee is dumb. ppl SHOULD take responsibility for their actions. but even if they do take responsibility, it doesnt change the fact they may have killed someone.

Pretty soon (with technology) no one will be able to do anything wrong and the world will be perfect.
Right?

ppl will always find things to do wrong

and someone else will always have to try and find a way to stop it

It will probably only take one more generation before no one cares about privacy or freedom although it seems we are almost there already.
The plan is working.

yeah, freedom is nice. i think everyone wishes that we could have all the freedom in the world

sucks that the majority of ppl in the world fuck it up. the amount of ppl in this world that are honest and good-hearted isnt nearly as large as the amount that are ignorant doucshebags.

it all gets me so heated

:word:

Boardjnky, please stop calling people “fucking morons” until you learn how to type.

shut the fuck up… no one is perfect and sometimes ppl make bad choices… it’s part of being human, just cause your fuckin perfect doesnt mean everyone else has to be. I personally think this is a good idea, i lost a friend that ment more to me than anything due to drunk driving… i wish that more car makers do this so that stupid drunks like my friend dont die. Yes drunk driving is stupid, but when your friend is the one that dies and you go everyday wishing you could see them again you’ll apreciat a device like this.

Edit… i know i cant spell so fuck you… and im gonna say this again to aviod flaming… DRUNK DRIVING IS THE STUPIDEST THING ANYONE CAN EVER DO… BUT WHEN YOUR AT A FRIENDS FUNERAL LOOKIN AT HIS DEAD LIFELESS BODY BECAUSE HE THOUGHT HE WAS OK TO DRIVE BECAUSE HE WAS A STUPID FUCKING DRUNK YOU’LL APPRECIATE THIS… SAY WHAT YOU WANT … I MISS MY FRIEND AND WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO GET HIM BACK AND IF THAT MEANS HAVING A CAR MANUFACTURER THINK FOR HIM SO BE IT…

So you wish car makers would over-ride stupidity? They better stop making cars then, hell just being automotive enthusiasts we’re bound to make more than a few.

Exactly. Kind of reminds me of the book “1984” where every aspect of your life is monitored.

I don’t agree with this technology as a car enthusiast even though I’m avidly against drunk driving. I agree with harsher consequences for it, hell you say people will never learn, I bet they’d learn damn quick if the penalty was death or life in prison.

[font=Verdana]Also for my own curiosity if you buy a newer car that is on-star capable do you have the option to not use it?[/font]

yes, you have to activate onstar on your own, you can just not do it, and after the first year if you dont pay for the service then they shut it off.

41% of deaths in a car is directly attributed towards speeding

http://www.rta.nsw.gov/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/index.html

39% of deaths in a car is directly attributed towards drunk driving

Your a fucking moron because you do not actually know facts, according to this more lives would be saved by putting speed limiters than by what toyota is doing.

The intention is great, the method proposed is somewhat lacking though. If it eventually gets worked out so as not to in any way inhibit “normal driving”, I’d be all about it.

Those of you arguing that its a bad idea because you want to make your own decisions, its an impaired decision you’re making that they’re trying to stop. If you decide while completely sober that you’re going to drive drunk tonight and kill someone there’d be a difference. For the most part people that cause accidents while speeding are sober. The argument you’re making is between a sober decision and an impaired decision. You’re saying you want the choice to make an impaired decision. I don’t agree but thats just me. If your friend is so drunk he can barely stand but he decides he wants to get into his car and drive and you’re standing there stone sober are you going to let him? If you say no then you’re contradicting yourself by saying that you want to make your own decisions. Thats what the government and Toyota are trying to do, just may need some refinement on their way of doing it.

i remember when i worked at Stereo Advantage, some guy had a system put in his car, and he had like 5 DWI and somehow the state made him have a Breathalyzer (sp?) installed in his car so that the car wouldn’t start unless u ‘blew’ first. i cant remember the exact details of it though.