non-auto but one shot i took of the 518

I’ve gotta say, you’re damn good with a camera

agreed

Nice Dan!

what type of lens did you use? Going by the “curbs” in front of you the pic looks perfectly level. but then if you look at the buildings on the left side, they are crooked as hell. Either way looks pretty damn good. What time of day was it taken?

Nice pic!!

used an 18-105 VR for it it was about 330pm i think… and yea i figured i would take the picture level with the foreground i think it came out better that way

thanks for the comments guys

I agree… the foreground is the secondary focal point (for me at least lol) so its not something that really stands out. Did you edit that at all or is that straight picture?

what is that a picture of… i’ve never seen that before?

edited a bit … had to remove a few trees and a light pole that was annoying me … plus i masked a few layers together for practice, because the egg was a bit darker than i liked it, ummm prob did a bit more than that but i cant remember … im actually going out to shoot the plaza again Thursday early afternoon if anyone is around and wants to join let me know

out of curiosity, if you take a picture of a building etc on a cloudy day and all you get is basically a white background behind what you are taking a picture of, do you edit it to make it look more blue or just leave it? I only have PS elements, and I’ve been using the “auto blue skies” tool which sometimes comes out great, but it can also make things look almost fake so Im really undecided which I would rather have… a plain grayish white background or a colorful background that looks fake.

this is something i am learning too … i wouldnt use any AUTO functions in PS … they cant distinguish what looks good or not … one thing you can do is layer mask or you can paste in a different sky as long as it isnt over the top so to speak … i used to paste in crazy skys to everything when i was learning but now im trying to use the original sky using layer masks with multiple exposures … thats how i got the sky to work in this one … and honestly i used PS elements about 9 months ago before i stepped up to cs3 in the summer … great program to learn on and it can do most of the things that you want it to do … oh and by the way that white sky that you get when you properly expose a subject in a scene is called a Washed out sky FYI … any questions i will try to explain in detail for you

sorry i skipped your post … its the Egg in albany … its a performing arts center in the center of the empire plaza

Don’t mind Brew he was being a jackass lol, he knows what that is.

Very nice pic.

thank you !

sweet picture like always dan

lol yea man just busting balls… it’s the only egg structure in the world… lucky us…

great shot

thanks but actually there are a few … one is london and i think russia has one and mabye one somewhere else … not sure … but again thanks for the comments

damn Dan you just keep getting better and better

yea brew you fail… there are currently 3 remaining in existance… here, london, and russia. Get your damn facts right… ugh.