Noob Math/Calculator question

i might feel like a big dumbass after this one…

but on a basic NON scientific calculator, how would i do something like this for example:

3^4.6
(3 raised to the 4.6 power)

You go to the store and buy a scientific one.

dickhead, we have to use the shit ones they give us tomorrow :lol:

wanna fight about it

Sorry and YES

Do you know what model it is?

no. its just a piece of shit the has +,-,x,/,= and numbers. NOTHING else. i need to know how to raise to powers that aren’t whole numbers (like 2.3). we can’t use our own, which is why im asking

START > RUN > type calc

view > scientific

UGH

lol

I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW. THEY SUPPLY CALCULATORS. THEY ARE VERY BASIC FUNCTION CALCULATORS. I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RAISE TO A NON WHOLE NUMBER, WITHOUT USING ^ OR Y^X SINCE THERE WILL NOT BE THAT OPTION

ie. 4^5 i would have to do 4x4x4x4x4

but

how do i do 4^5.6

:slight_smile:

k thnx

Just memorize that number. Problem solved.

:stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.bymath.com/studyguide/alg/sec/alg17.html

thanks for the thought, but that still doesn’t help me …

theres a simple way to do this, i just cant remember how…im thinking about it

edit damn no scientific

reading > you

lol

you guys are killin me :banghead:

this calculater will have 5 buttons besides numbers: + PLUS, - MINUS, * MULTIPLY, / DIVIDE, = EQUALS

3*.63333 I think.

3^4.6 =156.58777

3*.63333 = 145.8

im about to start going through old notes from sophomore year, i know i learned this at some point but forgot and now its bothering me lol

ballpark the figure with an asterisk footnoted that says to not cheap out on the fucking calculators next time :gotme:

lol

HOLY SHIT HE CAN ONLY USE BASIC FUNCTIONS!!!

• / x

I had an A in Calc 1, 2, and 3 but all those years of using a calculator I really forgot some simple mathematics…

edit: I type slow :stuck_out_tongue:

mother fucking stats class. i took this at canisius and it was 1912031280x more difficult than at UB. however, they wouldnt accept the credit, so now im behind taking it over. :uhh:. but i want my A :lol: