NOOOOOOO i blew shit apart again!!!!!

Fuck, first of all, please let me add the disclaimer that my buddies got me hammered to distract me from that fact that my car decided to blow shit apart tonight. :partyman: :vom:

As i was driving home tonight i heard a shattering bang sound from my engine bay, and immediatly pulled over, when i popped the hood i heard a god awful rattling, clicking sound from my motor, it seems my belt for my fan decided to snap, catch around the pulley, shear off and fly through my my shroud, and radiator, put like a 2 finger sized hole in my rad. Seems i need to find myself some parts, any ideas what i can find here for a new shroud, 2 new belts, (alternator, steering, water pump, fan etc all lost belt) a new rad, and the big issue, a new pully mechanism, it looks like the whole pointly spindle sheared off, wtf can i use for this that i can find here? the car is a 90 silvia with a CA in it. Thanks, i hope that made sense to you all.

i have ka24e rad and shroud if you need, if no one else pics it up this weekend…
in Calgary

Shroud is usualy engine specific, meaning you need on from a CA car. But you could just ditch the mechanical fan and upgrade to electrical.
Belts are easy, and parts store has them
Rad, they are usually cheap, last time i was at PYP the gold coupe still had a good one.

Pictures of the rest would help so we know what your talking about.

oh oh i have a water pump

shoot me a pm

damnit, timing sucks, i splurged for a new one since i figured at 100k was a good time to change it anyway. Looks like all i need now is a new rad, and the belts…anyone know what the belts are here?

If anyone has an old CA rad that would be neato to, or else im dropping half a grand i dont have on a koyo.

just use a ka24 one, they are better than the ca18 ones cause they are thinker

Shitty deal man, if it makes u feel better, i just had my CA starter rebuilt and it cost $275

GL on finding parts, if I come across anything ill let u know. And also confirming that a KA rad nad a CA rad are nearly identicle. Ports are the same and mounting holes are the same too. And u might be able to get ure shroud fixed at some platics place, or pm Rob PArsons and ask him if they have anymade for a CA.

Go with KOYO, a rule of thumb is whenever you wreck somthing, upgrade it!

hmm… i like that, its kinda catchy. Will have to remember that next time shit breaks (God willing, NEVER) :E