Not really sure where to post this... but it is a street bike. Of sorts.

Its still breaking in, but I’ve had it up to 30+ on flat ground.

Thats pretty cool .

I’ll have all the “build” pics when I upload them to my computer.

:rofl: so awesome.

I was wanting to do this years ago but never bothered. I’ll have to look into kits. If they’re cheap enough, I just might still do it :slight_smile:

As for parking, fuck paying that fee. I have night classes and park like 2 blocks away in the spaces marked “No parking from 6am-5pm” since I get there at 5:30ish. I’m just happy I slacked off on getting a permit and found those parking spaces the night of my first class.

Night classes aren’t bad for parking… it’s the 9:00 AM-3:00 time frame where everything is packed (on or off campus)

Well, here are some “build” pics.

Day 1:

Contents of the mysterious package:

Time to start. I’m sure my roommates were less than enthused that the living room of our apartment looked like this for a week and a half:

Engine mounted:

Clutch installed:

Throttle/Kill switch installed:

Time to build rear wheel to accept the drive sprocket, grinding down bearing dust cap:

Rear hub and coaster brake fall apart in the process:

Decided to file out center hole of the drive sprocket so as to not sand the tips of my fingers off with the dustcap and lack of bench grinder in my apartment:

Time to assemble rear wheel, sprocket, and rag joint… took 20 tries to get centered and true.

Assembled, and back on the bike:

Which presented the next problem with the coaster brake arm:

I put the brake arm in a vise, and bent it with a 1.5 foot piece of tubing to fit. Here it is assembled with chain and chain tensioner installed as well:

Installed fuel tank, installed fuel valve in the tank and connected fuel line with inline filter:

Needed trimmed, took care of that:

Wired up the CDI and plug wire:

Carb, intake, and clutch assembly:

Pain in the ass rag joint:

Getting there:

Closer:

Done. After a couple hold ups and a few trips to the hardware store to replace stripped cheapo chinese hardware with good stuff.

Then the muffler tack welds blew apart on the baffles resulting in can not being able to be reattatched without welding, been riding it like this ever since. Mega loud…:

And that’s where I’m at today. Runs real good, takes me up all the hills I ask it to.

Tap it for a direct port system.

if nearby and have muffler let me know i will weld it up for you.

Thanks Jeff. I tacked it back together, but it has a lot more power without it… So I left the can off. Haha. With the muffler can on, it struggles to get up the hill. With it off, I went up as fast as a bus the other day.

:rofl: The image of you racing a bus on a loud ass bicycle cracks me up. I want one bad. I have no need to own one but seems like a lot of fun.

It pulled on me near the top of the hill, then I had to let off due to some roadkill on the shoulder and a deep-set sewer lid (like a big pot hole… didn’t want to hit that at 25+ MPH), but whatever. More fun than the bus.