"nothing less than a factory-backed car purpose-built for street racing."

just saw this on speedvision and decided to share a unique car. a factory-backed '67 belvedere that was used as a rolling test-bed and a detroit “street sweeper.”

ah the glory days. think plymouth would sponsor something like this now? oh wait.

H slicks and street-tire pressures at about 8 psi (6 psi on the dragstrip), the Bullet was a mid-10-second car, running 10.60s at 132 mph.

http://www.carcraft.com/featuredvehicles/906/

this thing sounded like a chain-smoking freight train. :eekdance:

ah the good old days of muscle car horepower wars

ohh man sooo hot

MMMmmm Torque!!

holy shit thats fucking fast

cuz dodge is just sweet like that

i have a poster of that car haning on my wall

theres no mistaking the modified rear 1/4 panels to allow wider rear tires …

uber hot

Carm from Tread City owns one

mmmmmmmmm…black

nasty :tup:

Me likey.

they replayed the show friday night - anybody catch it?

blip the throttle and the thing would just stand right up. I’ve seen plenty of hot-rodded mopars that would do that, but none that had corporate standing and saluting at the same time… :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t that a '67 GTX?

Yup, and thats what the silver car is also

Ok, the first one looked different, but I see the grill and headlights are the same.
I wish my dad still had his GTX.

GTX was the belvedere up-optioned, I think '68 was the first year as a stand-alone model.

.

those are some big ffiin tires

And the beauty of it, is that he DRIVES it. I’ll dig up some pictures of it.

It’s a 66 Plymouth Belvedere HP2 HEMI. He also has a 65 Dodge Coronet 426 Hemi, and a 63 Plymouth Belvedere 426 Max Wedge.

They did a nice write up in the Tonawanda News with him for our car show last year.