NYC Sunrise from Soho...

I went HAM on my Birthday and got a Penthouse Suite at the Trump Soho Hotel in NYC last night/early this morning. After getting back to the room early in the morning from having the best Mac & Cheese I have ever had in my life at a restaurant, the sun was coming up.

I’ve seen some sunrises in my life, but this was incredible.

High res in the link (click actions > view all sizes): http://www.flickr.com/photos/killerblackbird/5992194621/in/photostream

Awesome pic man. I really miss the city sometimes.

Unreal, and happy birthday!

Nice shot!

Happy birthday.

That

Is

Incredible :wow

Happy birthday, what a pic!

Long shutter FTMFW

Happy Birthday!

Yeah happy birthday man, and the new watermark is dope. Shot is awesome, exif said ISO 1250!? I get more grain at 200 :eek3 Think that’s my first favorited photo on my newish flickr!

Really great shot Jim! Looks like quite a room you had there too!

holy sh!t, pic looks amazing !

Edit* just noticed the new watermark and I don’t really like it, last one looked a bit more upscale IMO

Sick shot man! Better watch out, CFD might steal that sky :lol

sick shot jim, that is an incredible view. happy birthday as well.

That’s a great shot!

Nice. When will the other guy post his own thread with the same pics in it?

Thanks guys!

High ISO with the Mark II seems to be a lot better than the old 5D could produce. I did a few at ISO 1600 and have very little noise as well.

Haha, Dan didn’t go with me on this occasion. :lol

I don’t know what’s more impressive, the picture or the fact that you were actually able to take such a picture in whatever drunken state you were in.

It was starting to wear off around sunrise lol.
Four Loko does wonders for trying to fall asleep :rofl

How much did the penthousebset u back

Awesome shots! Please tell me you went to the place where they only serve mac and cheese in those skillets!!!

The restaurant was called “Bubbys”. Really good food!

Hmm I was thinking of this place called S’MAC. If you go to NYC a lot you have to check it out. Every variation of mac and cheese possible. So awesome.