NYSpeed Lawyers and Grownups step in.

Before someone goes and reports me to the suicide hotline, I’m just asking who here has done their last will and testament? Even at 27, I have had 3 close calls (2 on motorcycles) where I think to myself, how the fuck am I alive?

Here’s stuff I’d like to include:

House
Cars
Retirement/401K
Bank Accounts

So Legalzoom has an option for 70$.

My parents was 750$.

Google says it can range from 50$ to 1500 (ballers only)

Can I make one on my own and have a witness sign it w/ a notary public present?

Please advise.

-Mike

Only 29% of Americans have wills. Unbelievable. Get it done! There are boilerplate forms to make it simple but have a lawyer do it so there are no questions later.

Get is done ASAP…and I would not advise doing it online…

If you don’t have anything big you are looking to put into a trust, it should be pretty basic forms since that stuff you want to transition is pretty standard.

I guess growing up in a military family I assumed that everyone had a will. I did mine last year when I decided to buy a house.

Most people don’t since NY has preset rules that go to spouse->kids->parents. Biggest issue is making sure your accounts and assets are documented somewhere so people know what they need to transition.

Trust, unless you want NYS to own it all.

My father spent literally tens of thousands on estate planning. After going through all of the BS involved I kind of wish he just left us a shoebox full of gold, it would have been much, much easier. lol

So yeah, get it done because I can’t even imagine what we would have done if he didn’t preplan so much.

Thanks for the advice fellas. I guess I’ll do a little research between wills and trusts. But 10’s of thousands damn.

I think 10s of thousands are when you have 1%er problems,

Damn anyone from that family want to adopt me? You can have my Viper. I’m sure my new daddy will buy me a 2015 :bigok:

Boom https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/will-vs-living-trust-whats-best-for-you

Reading up now

Double Edit: So the differences are clear. The biggest being the state is not involved in my trust, drawback is that it looks like there is a monthly fee as long as I’m alive, at least from Legal zoom (starts at 249 for a trust vs 69 for a will) but I could be mistaken, will keep reading.

If you need an attorney to advise you with this/file it, PM me.

subscribed