Nyspeed paint experts step in

Ok boys and girls. I need some schooling on clear coat. To be more specific, clear coat that’s available in rattle cans. In the past I have used the Duplicolor shit that they sell at Autobone. The problem is that it never seems to set right and gasoline eats right through it. Also during the summer if you leave anything on the surface it seems to sink into the clear and leave an inprint.

With that said. I need something that is fuel resistant and actually hardens. Or am I just doing something wrong with the Duplicolor shit?

paging ieatpaint

Why wouldn’t you just PM ieatpaint lol

probably because he knows his paint shit?

Go to al-wil on manhattan ave or transit near the 400 and get the 2k clear that comes in a rattle can. There is a red plunger on the bottom that you push and it pushes activator into the clear. Just shake it up and spray. I think it lasts like 4 hours or something before it goes bad.

And thanks for the recommendations, lol.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I should also add that if you’re putting this over top of the duplicolor you should be testing a small area to make sure it doesn’t wrinkle the duplicolor. Any 2k paint will most likely lift and wrinkle a single stage.

^everything ieatpaint said is exactly the advice I’d have given lol

Good deal mr painteater. Thank you for the advice. Does 2k per chance make a metallic black?

2K isn’t a brand…it’s a formulation of paint…you can get black.

Ah ok. Good to know. Forgive my ignorance but I haven’t been serious about painting anything in about 10 years. PPG, BASF were really the only brands of paint I know. I played with some of the HouseofKolor stuff back in the day when i was first made aware of it. But that’s roughly around the same time I got absolutely tired of doing auto body shit.