O M G the day has come. [STARCRAFT II NYEAHHHHH!!!]

The only thing this thread did for me was remind me that I’m glad that Locutus and whatever his wife’s name was don’t post anymore.

well then.

ugh. wish i had a rig that would play this! I’m still playing the original starcunt. cant go wrong with playing the computer and running train with zealots :wink:

:frowning: No PC requirements so far…I’d like to assume my setup can run it no problem.

it doesnt take much, they made it so it can be run with little. no rig required. my laptop should be plenty.

what are the specs on your laptop? I’m curious to see if mine will be able to play it.

Okay, so…The SC II Beta specs are up, which most of you probably know:

• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7
  • 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
  • 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7
  • 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card
  • 1024x768 minimum display resolution
  • 4 GB free hard space (Beta)
  • Broadband connection

my laptop has 4gig ram + 1gig dedicated video ATi radeon blah blah blah dont have my laptop with me right now… not sure what processor speed i have either. but according to the beta specs posted above doesnt look like it takes much.

edit: read this if your really worried about it.
cliffs: no real requirements released yet but this guy knows alot and made his own requirements that he thinks your computer will need.
Windows XP or Vista
Dual-Core processor with a speed of at LEAST 1.8 GhZ
256 MB Video Card (try to get anti-aliasing and HDR rendering) that is about equivalent to a Geforce 7800
1-1.5 GB RAM
5400ish RPM SATA HD
http://starcraft2forum.org/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=4

what is anti-aliasing and HDR rendering? anyway to make my vid card do that? I’m a noob when it comes to computers. also is there anyway to upgrade the vid card on my laptop? I think its integrated to the board. can one be soldered on? I’m good at soldering! lol…anyone here do this kinda thing?

check if you have a PCI express slot. HDR and AA is old from like when Elder Scrolls Oblivion came out lol, just buy a cheap GPU and it should be good to go.

Jussst picked it up.

jealous i have to wait till after work!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

watch the vid for concerns about your pc… it mentions it.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

watch the vid for concerns about your pc… it mentions it.

I’ve already lost a couple friends to this game.

game seems cool so far, but i could not halp but laugh at that i had to install a patch already on the release date

Thor voice/speech = awesomesauce.

zerg > *

i was only able to play 3 games vs computers and i feel pretty confident with the new controls/hud/units… ill probably take it online for a game tonight! so excited!

Totally forgot about this and just picked it up. Who wants to take a bet this gets played just about as much as the last 5 PS3 games I bought (of which 3 are still in shrink wrap).

it seems a bit more difficult that the original, played a few games vs the computer and lost them all, resources seem a lot harder to gather especially the gas for some reason

treadz4headz@gmail.com - add plz

lets get a 4v4 nyspeed plat team, whos with me!!

what rank are you? im 3rd in bronze… lol i suck…

i’m skurge on there, Id 969 add me if you guys want to play sometime