offbeat 90's gaming systems... anyone here have one?

Panasonic 3DO? Phillips CD-I?

I remember reading about a bunch of “multimedia systems” back when I was a kid in EGM but unfortunitly… I was a kid and couldnt afford a 600.00/700.00 game console lol. I remember the games looking pretty killer though. I believe they (EGM) used to cover the high end consoles quite a bit, but never knew anyone that had one lol

anyone here ever own one?

TURBOGRAFIX 16 FTW

not really “high end”… but my cousin had one.

neo geo?

my cousin had/has a turbo graphix 16… bonks adventure ftw!

Word! Splatterhouse was sweet too.

haha, how about the Atari Jaguar and that stupid controller

jaguar was sweet :tup: AvP rocked, but yeah… the controller was retarded (and lack of games… could of been a real cool system)

Neo-geo was cool too, but I dont ever remember seeing them in stores :P… only in arcades (remember the machines that used to play like 10 different neo geo titles? lol)

anyone remember FM Towns Marty or Laseractive 3D?

omg, i used to have a panasonic 3d0, shit was awesome. graphics were great, cant see why the system never took off.

speaking of which lol… I wonder if it was a port or if it was enhanced at all (system wasnt released until 96 I think)

http://assembler.roarvgm.com/fmtowns/Marty_gallery/SPL.JPG

omg, i used to have a panasonic 3d0, shit was awesome. graphics were great, cant see why the system never took off.

oh werd… did you, by any chance, own “way of the warrior”? looked like a killer game but sadly never got a chance to play it

Yeah, so did I until the emulation scene got it right. I sold the system for quite a decent chunk of change a couple of years ago on Ebay. It did have better games than the Sega Genesis and SNES, though, IMO. Too bad the US market didn’t see most of them. It was the #1 system in Japan at the time, and alot of the import titles were quite good.

i was really behind the times as far as video game systems went, i got regular 8bit nintendo in the mid 90’s even though it was new in the 80’s, i did buy a neo geo after high school but it was used and never worked.

:slight_smile:

Sega Saturn!!!

I have a Virtual Boy with a couple games.

Lol, we had an old CD-i at burger king I used to work at. It was used for the interactive training videos though. They replaced it with a DVD drive after it broke for good. Definatly was huge (Like Fucillo is round) for the day.

Yes, the games were awesome

I had the PC Engine (AKA turbografix 16)

Bonk’s Adventures :tup: