Official Camaro specs are out

z28 is suppose to come out in a few years with the convertible

it’s rumored to have a downgraded version of the ls9.

and 12’s shouldn’t be too hard at all in that car… put two and two together… a 4000 lbs car running 13.4 @ 108 in the 1/4? there is only one number there that doesnt belong… gm is being modest… as they should be… it will quiet down the hype and hopefully lower the dealer markup.

and 8:20 is still pretty damn good… oh wow it beat the cobalt… cobalt also has the fwd record. it beat the c5 vette by a good bit? it beat the 06 m3? ever occur to you that maybe that damn little cobalt can haul some ass around the ring?

regarless… it’s a pony car… fuck ur ring…

cobalt ss aint your cavalier with a blower…its definately a redesigned car that can haul some track ass

z28 is suppose to come out in a few years with the convertible

when the convertible coming out? they had one at carlisle this year, i forget what color it was…think it was white with yellowish/orange stripes down middle or yellow/orange with white stripes…either way it was nicer than the coupe version i think. I actually thought it was a 69 vert

no official date, but the rumor is two years.

source of said rumor was also dead on the money about the information that gm just put out, except said source said it a few months ago.

well except the weight, but i think that caught everyone by surprise…

yea, hold off on the Z28 package. Also convertibles are held off until mid 2010, due to money spent on the Chevy Cruze development.

Considering the camaro is a land tank and still a muscle car at heart, no I don’t think thats bad at all. Its whooping on some much lighter rides that are known for their track prowess and one of the fastest FWD cars out there (which is GM’s oddly enough). Looking at the list I can’t say there are too many cars ahead of it that it should be beating honestly.

All the turning crap aside I’d still take one.

You need to upgrade to RWD ricer boy.

:stupid:

There’s one driving around down here. A couple friends have snapped pictures of it already.

Actually to beat a Cayman S & an Elise is pretty impressive. The Elise may only have a 4cyl, but it is an amazing little car. The Cayman S is super cool, too.

Here are pics from Carlisle. I forgot I took them & just looked in my camera. I couldn’t get any better pics of the convertible, because too many people were standing around it :jerkit:

I personally think the new Camaro is fugly, and I have no plans on buying one.

I’d much rather have this (perfect color, too)…

cool car, though I will probably never own one.

If you’ve ever driven an Elise or Cayman S hard you’d take that statement back. I’ve AutoXed both cars, and I would kill, literally kill to get the steering feel from either into my Z06. Ultimate grip is on-par w/ my Z06 street tire for street tire (I ran both the P-car and Elise on their stock tires) as well. Obviously neither is a match straight-line, but the Cayman S isn’t too bad.

I think what everybody is missing about the quote Habib posted is the fact that the got-damnz Cobalt SS ran right with these cars. That is flat-out insanely impressive.

Now, am I a little disappointed the new Camaro SS was only 2 seconds faster than the Cobalt? Yes. Am I at all surprised? No. If you were to get split times I bet the Cobalt was faster through the tighter sections that are very transition and braking intensive. The Camaro (despite horrific aero) was probably faster on the many HP intensive “straights.”

I really, really wanted to like this car. I LOVED my '99 Z/28 and I still sort of miss it. But I am just not at all happy with the styling, and the proportions are terrible (it looks “okay” sitting by itself against a landscape or something, but park it next to anything other than a F250 and it looks like a bulbous mess).

And at ~3800lbs it’s just too much. I had my Camaro down to about 3300lbs and had rather stiff coil-overs in it. Even still it drove “big and heavy” but worked well enough that I could routinely embarrass exotics and such, and even ‘vettes with your “typical Corvette driver” behind the wheel. I’ve AutoXed and run canyons in 3800lbs cars before (for example E39 M5) and sure, you can hustle them but it’s just not as fun. You are just always fighting the weight, and transitions are just sooooooo slow.

But then, as more of a DD type of car maybe I might like it after all. Clearly it’ll outperform my current DD (IS250) in acceleration, but I actually have my doubts about steering feel and transitions. Meh, I’m sure I’ll test drive one as soon as they’re around, but it’ll really have to do something special for me to make me pick it up, which is sad because I had always assumed that was a foregone conclusion from the time I first heard the 5th Gen rumors.

-TJ

Agreed 100%. The F250 looks better IMO.

I’m sure the Camaro will be a nice car & all, but I can’t get past the retro styling (even though they do not want it referred to as retro styling). It looks like an ugly '69 Camaro. It may grow on me in the future, but I hate it now. I never cared for the new Mustang when it came out, but I really think it has finally grown on me. The '04-'06 GTO was a sharp car, but everybody bashed it for not being a ‘GTO’, and not having retro style. If I wanted a car that looked like a '69 Camaro, I’d just buy the new body shell & build a ‘new’ '69 Camaro.

I predict Chevy to take it on the chin on this retro/non-retro styled camaro. They are late to the party, the styling looks mis-matched between 69 retro, coke bottle clunky and new style c-pillar. Clumsy with a dog-dick ugly interior. The Mustang did it right, the Challenger blew them both away and the Camaro will be GM’s next big flop

The new hot rod Cadillac is going to be a much bigger hit

Wow… Thats pretty well put. I agree.

2010 Production Specs

Overview
Models: Chevrolet Camaro LS, LT and SS
Driveline: Four-passenger, front-engine, rear-drive coupe
Construction: Unitized body frame, one- and two-sided galvanized steel
Mfg Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Competitors: Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Nissan 350Z

Chassis/Suspension:
Front: double-ball-joint, multi-link strut; direct-acting stabilizer bar; progressive-rate coil springs; fully adjustable camber, caster and toe
Rear: 4.5-link independent; progressive-rate coil springs over shocks; stabilizer bar; fully adjustable camber and toe
Steering type: variable-ratio rack-and-pinion
Steering ratio: 16.1:1
Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock: 2.5
Turning circle, curb-to-curb (ft/m): 37.7/11.5

Brakes:
Type: four-wheel disc w/ABS; ventilated front and rear rotors; single-piston front calipers and single-piston alloy rear calipers (LS, LT); four-piston fixed Brembo aluminum front and rear calipers (SS)
Rotor diameter, front (in/mm):
LS/LT: 12.64/321
SS: 14/355
Rotor diameter, rear (in/mm):
LS/LT: 12.4/315
SS: 14.4/365
Rotor thickness, front (in/mm):
LS/LT: 1.18/30
SS: 1.26/32
Rotor thickness, rear (in/mm):
LS/LT: 0.9/23
SS: 1.1/28

Wheels/Tires
Wheel size and type:
LS: 18x7.5-inch steel
LT: 18x7.5-inch aluminum OR 19x8-inch aluminum
SS: 20x8-inch aluminum (front), 20x9-inch aluminum (rear)
Tires:
LS: P245/55R18 all-season
LT: P245/55R18 all-season OR P245/50R19 all-season
SS: P245/45ZR20 summer (front), P275/40ZR20 summer (rear)

Engines
3.6l V-6 DI VVT (LLT)
Application: LS, LT
Displacement (cu in / cc) 217/3564
Bore & stroke (in / mm) 3.70 x 3.37 / 94 x 85.6
Block material – cast aluminum w/ cast-in-place iron bore liners
Valvetrain – dual overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder, continuously variable valve timing
Fuel delivery – direct high-pressure fuel injection
Compression ration – 11.3:1
Horsepower (hp/kW)– 300/224 @ 6400 rpm *
Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm) - 273/370 @ 5200 *
Recommended fuel – regular unleaded
Max engine speed – 7000
Fuel economy (auto trans) – 26 hwy (est)6.2L V-8 (LS3, L99)

6.2L V-8 (LS3, L99)
Application : SS
Displacement (cu in / cc) 376/6162
Bore & stroke (in / mm) 4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92
Cylinder head material: aluminum (v6 too, whoops)
Block material – cast aluminum w/ cast-in-place iron bore liners
Valvetrain – valve-in-head: two valves per cylinder; roller lifters; Active Fuel Management (L99)
Fuel delivery – returnless, multi-port fuel injection
Compression ration – 10.7:1
Horsepower (hp/kW)– 422 / 315 @ 5000 rpm (LS3) * 400 / 299 @ 5000 (L99)*
Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ rpm) - 408 / 553 @ 4500 (LS3)* 395 / 535 @ 4500 (L99)
Recommended fuel – premium unleaded
Max engine speed (rpm)– 6000 (L99) 6600 (LS3)
Fuel economy (auto trans) – 23 hwy (est)

Transmissions
Hydra-Matic 6l50 six-speed automatic (LS, LT) w/ TAPshift
Gear ratios (:1):
First: 4.07
Second: 2.37
Third: 1.55
Fourth: 1.16
Fifth: 0.85
Sixth: 0.67
Reverse: 3.06
Final drive ratio: 3.27

Hydra-Matic 6l80 six-speed automatic (SS) w/ TAPshift
First: 4.03
Second: 2.36
Third: 1.53
Fourth: 1.15
Fifth: 0.85
Sixth: 0.67
Reverse: 3.06

Aisin Warner AY6 six-speed manual (LS, LT)
First: 4.48
Second: 2.58
Third: 1.63
Fourth: 1.19
Fifth: 1.00
Sixth: 0.75
Reverse: 3.67

TR6060 six-speed manual (SS)
First: 3.01
Second: 2.07
Third: 1.43
Fourth: 1.00
Fifth: 0.84
Sixth: 0.57
Reverse: 3.28
Final drive ratio: 3.45

Dimensions, Exterior:
Overall length (in/mm): 190.4/4836
Overall width (in/mm): 75.5/1918
Overall height (in/mm): 54.2/1377
Track, front (in/mm): 63.7/1618
Track, rear (in/mm): 64.1/1628 (LS, LT); 63.7/1618 (SS)
Curb weights (lb/kg):
3750/1705 - LT w/automatic
3741/1700 - LT w/manual
3769/1713 - LS w/automatic
3780/1718 - LS w/manual
3913/1779 - SS w/automatic
3860/1755 - SS w/manual
Weight balance (% front/rear) 52/48

Dimensions, Interior:
Seating capacity (front/rear): 2/2
Headroom (in/mm): front: 37.4/950; rear: 35.3/897
Legroom (in/mm): front: 42.4/1077; rear: 29.9/757
Shoulder room (in/mm): front: 56.9/1444; rear: 42.5/1080

Capacities:
Cargo volume (cu ft/L): 11.3/320
Fuel tank (gal/L): 19/71.9 Engine oil (qt/L): 3.6L: 7.6/7.2; 6.2L: 8.9/8.5

How long until the mid 90’s are “retro” so we can get some cars that dont look like complete shit?

I’m hoping that this weak ass attempt at the Camaro will kick start the factories to start using real design again instead of re-hashing classic lines (or in the case of the Camaro just dry holing the crap out of the original design(s) that still look great on the originals but combined look like something drawn up in 7th grade art class)

The Challenger did it right, the Mustang right or wrong did it first…the Camaro is too wrong too late

Challenger is in the ballpark. I think they did a good job on the new Charger. But other than that, I pretty much hate all new car styling.