Official NHL playoffs thread

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:40,topic:27476"”]

yep, we can outskate the pengs… but i think ottawa could ultimately beat the sabres… or at least make it one fucking interesting series…

Their goaltender is solid, and they have the guys that have nothing on their mind but winning… Their physical, they can skate… and they SCARE ME

[/quote]

lol, i think their goalie is fucking atrocious and would be the thing i looked forward to the most…emery is a joke surrounded by a good defense

ottawa’s special teams is what scares me…their PP decimates us, their PK decimates us, and heatley averages like 2-3 points a game against us

obviously ottawa is the ONE team in the playoffs i do NOT want to see buffalo play…

BTW, anyone else see JPD nail down a pair of goals for nashville last night? looked solid for them…JPD was always a solid bet in the playoffs…

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:40,topic:27476"”]

and detroit in the finals…

[/quote]

and also lol at this, i GUARANTEE detroit gets nowhere near the finals…

[quote=“JDMR2,post:41,topic:27476"”]

obviously ottawa is the ONE team in the playoffs i do NOT want to see buffalo play…

[/quote]

ottawa matches up so well with buffalo because they obviously have the talent to skate/shoot with the best of them AND they play a physical game. that seems to be where the sabres get into some trouble

[quote=“JDMR2,post:42,topic:27476"”]

and also lol at this, i GUARANTEE detroit gets nowhere near the finals…

[/quote]

whoa way to take that out of context… maybe detroit… but no i don’t think detroit will be in the finals either… and emery has gotten better.

[/quote]

seriously… GO PENGS!!

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:43,topic:27476"”]

ottawa matches up so well with buffalo because they obviously have the talent to skate/shoot with the best of them AND they play a physical game. that seems to be where the sabres get into some trouble

[/quote]

I’m deathly afraid of that, heatly, spezza, and alfredsson combo… I hate heatley too … but i would LOVE to have him

not lookin so good already sean…

"Ryan Kesler made his return to the lineup Wednesday night after missing 35 games because hip surgery but will not return for game two against the Stars Friday. Kesler is expected to be out four to five weeks after blocking a shot and displaced his finger.

Matt Cooke, who left in the second period of Wednesday’s game is listed as day-to-day wild a mild groin strain and Alex Burrows is also day-to-day with an upper body injury that saw him limp his way to bench in the first overtime period. "

as if they weren’t already thin up front lol damnit

rangers are up 4-3 against the thrashers. :thumbsup

i think the pens should start thibault if fluery has a bad game 2, he has much more expirience, fluery looked like shit in game one from the clips i saw. i dont have versus at school >: (

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:45,topic:27476"”]

not lookin so good already sean…

"Ryan Kesler made his return to the lineup Wednesday night after missing 35 games because hip surgery but will not return for game two against the Stars Friday. Kesler is expected to be out four to five weeks after blocking a shot and displaced his finger.

Matt Cooke, who left in the second period of Wednesday’s game is listed as day-to-day wild a mild groin strain and Alex Burrows is also day-to-day with an upper body injury that saw him limp his way to bench in the first overtime period. "

as if they weren’t already thin up front lol damnit

[/quote]

kesler is a huge puss, he fucking finished the game with that broken finger he can man up and play the rest of the series :stuck_out_tongue:

There are no teams that can stop the sabres in a 7 game series.

SO we only have to keep an eye on the two guys that could, hasek and broduer. If someone else can do our dirty work with those two before we get to them, the road to the cup is alot easier.

im afraid of smyth/yashin/all star blake also but they got shut down badly… i barely even SAW yashin at all during the game yesterday.

i agree w/ z28, brodeur and/or hasek will give us issues… they just give their teams way more confidence than having ray emery between the pipes. however, i bet if he starts threatening to beat people up, no one will be scoring on the sens…

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:44,topic:27476"”]

I’m deathly afraid of that, heatly, spezza, and alfredsson combo… I hate heatley too … but i would LOVE to have him

[/quote]

so anyone with dvr wanna tape the vancouver game for me @ 9 on cbc? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, i think their goalie is fucking atrocious and would be the thing i looked forward to the most…emery is a joke surrounded by a good defense

ottawa’s special teams is what scares me…their PP decimates us, their PK decimates us, and heatley averages like 2-3 points a game against us

BTW, anyone else see JPD nail down a pair of goals for nashville last night? looked solid for them…JPD was always a solid bet in the playoffs…

[/quote]

i agree with 90% of this but i dont agree about detroit not making it anywhere near finals…

i think they will go to game 6 or 7 against the ducks and win or loose

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:51,topic:27476"”]

so anyone with dvr wanna tape the vancouver game for me @ 9 on cbc? :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

why, it’ll still be on at like 2am again lol

well if the last game was any indication that would mean i wouldn’t be going to bed till about 7 am :lol:

that vancouver dallas series… is gonna be such a long long one… 7 games, of just long fucking games. Who ever comes out of that series… is just gonna lose the next round…

the series relies entirely on luongo

marc andre fluery FTMFW.

and did i mention i liked the gary roberts trade?

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:57,topic:27476"”]

marc andre fluery FTMFW.

and did i mention i liked the gary roberts trade?

[/quote]

Amen ,he was fabulous in net.He really is a decent goalie and doesnt get the credit he deserves.The guys only 21-22,people gotta give him a break.I hope the pens bump the senators right out the next few games, i cant stand that cheap ass team.

[quote=“95mx6,post:58,topic:27476"”]

The guys only 21-22,people gotta give him a break. .

[/quote]

are you related to any of the VS announcers? :stuck_out_tongue:

WOW, Detroit and Calgary…

Calgary 8 3 4 15
Detroit 23 12 16 51

thats fucking pitiful… yet the score was only 3-1 in favor of detroit… if only calgary had this thing called an offense…