Official NHL playoffs thread

OT holy FUCK that vancouver game just ended :yawn:

That Ottawa Vs. Pitt game was brutal. Very physical. Ottawa seemed like they were head hunting as crazy as that sounds

4OT…hotTt damn…

Luongo and Turco had some CLUTCH saves though

I only made it to 12:30

man i’m feeling it now from staying up that late LOL i wanna sleep :frowning:

btw i’m changing this to a general playoffs thread, instead of having a million threads on seperate series down the road

jay is so smart

:wink:

tons of video clips on www.versus.com FYI

some good games last night… i passed out when nashville tied it up with 50-sec 2 go…

ottawa looked decent

Ottowa looked good but pittsburgh looked terrible, sloppy passing and they were outworked. Emery barely took any shots im thinking he will let more in if the pens can wake up.

jay better hope his can00cks beef up the offense a bit more and not rely on luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuongo (those fans crack me up) to make 70+ saves a night, b/c he stole that fucking game for them

i definitely somehow made it through the whole game too…no clue how or why, but i did…lol…

70 saves divided by 2 games… 30/game sounds about right to me :stuck_out_tongue: not having 4 lines def hurt in the OT’s, that last overtime was sloppy for both teams :lol:

ugh, dallas controlled the entire overtime…one stupid slip

even the announcers were saying vancouver had no business being in the game after the first OT…

I really dont know why so many people here want the Pens to win…why are we scared of Ottawa?

Think about the times they beat us…we were MISSING 5 KEY PLAYERS!

We beat them once with half our team being Rochester Americans…and the next time we played them and lost, it was a super close game…

I would rather play Ottawa than Pitt, i think we have a better look on Ottawa than we do on the kids of the Pens…

yes, they did say that after the first OT, and then the sedins finally started cycling and controlling the puck like they should. no mistake that they are the ones who ended the game

sedins were EVERYWHERE in overtime

them + pyatt = deadly combination line

werd… and on that note i hope burrows and cooke don’t miss much time, they need them on the forcheck bigtime

oh and i wanna just say, i love watching volchenkov flatten someone everytime ottawa plays lol

i think both teams would be = to play us…i think ottawanwill have a slightly better advantage on us then the pens would

i think pittsburghs entire playoff life span is going to rest on the inexperience of fleury

i just want that to become even more apparent against us and have them knock out ottawa for us…b/c IMO im assuming we will play tampa next round (also assuming we win), which means ottawa or pitt will play atlanta or rangers…and i dont see ATL or NYR being a big threat to either of them

yep, we can outskate the pengs… but i think ottawa could ultimately beat the sabres… or at least make it one fucking interesting series…

Their goaltender is solid, and they have the guys that have nothing on their mind but winning… Their physical, they can skate… and they SCARE ME

playoffs for the most part are all on the shoulders of the goalie… unless you were a team like the sabres during their 11 game win streak in the beginning scoring 5+ a game… but to do that in the play offs… not gonna happen, especially with defensive teams like the devils, and maybe detroit in the finals…