--Official Resident Evil: Extinction---

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:39,topic:35111"”]

Huh? The games had an amazing storyline.

[/quote]

:word:

I just don’t understand why Paul Anderson had to changed everything. I understand why he created Alice, he needed a strong female character and RE doesn’t have one < cough Jill Valentine, cough Clair Redfield and Rebecca Chambers>, but what about the lead male characters Chris Redfield/Leon Kennedy? Where are they? Weren’t they good enough?

What about the story lines? The story sucks so far. In the games by the end of RE: Code Veronica, Umbrella was defeated, in the movie Umbrella turns Earth into a waste land <slightly different direction me thinks>. The 1st movie was ok in that it the premise was close to the game, escaping the mansion/lab <ok just the lab>. The 2nd was plain crap, yeah they included actual characters this time Jill/Carlos but they’re pretty much minor and easily forgotten when Alice is on the scene and the movie revolves around her and Nemesis. Now this 3rd movie takes place in a post apocalyptic waste land, what the hell game was that in? I’m glad they threw Clair Redfield in the mix, despite the fact she was a teenager in the RE: 2, but her inclusion in this movie is really just a half assed attempt to appease the true RE fans. They could have given this girl any name really since they didn’t follow the story line of the game.

As per usual this is Paul Anderson taking a product with a strong fan base and ruining it by attempting to draw in a bigger audience with a lackluster story line. His only real achievement was his first major movie Mortal Kombat. Movies like MK2, RE trilogy and Alien vs Predator have only shown that Mortal Kombat was nothing more than a fluke and he should have stopped while he was ahead.

i tried to read all that just coudlnt god damn a.d.d.

[quote=“StrokedZ28,post:39,topic:35111"”]

Huh? The games had an amazing storyline.

[/quote]

compare 3 to 4 and tell me they are even remotely similiar. One has the t virus the other is a satanic cult spreading eggs that hatch and make you a contolled zombie. They have great stories but they didnt always flow well from 1 till now. Individually i think they were good stories but don’t need each other to be great games. Someone could easily play 4 who never finsihed any of the other games and aside from 1 or 2 characters making an appearence they could get into the game really well.

this movie sucked so bad.

i have to get back into the games, i have not played them since code veronica

[quote=“RobHimself,post:44,topic:35111"”]

compare 3 to 4 and tell me they are even remotely similiar. One has the t virus the other is a satanic cult spreading eggs that hatch and make you a contolled zombie. They have great stories but they didnt always flow well from 1 till now. Individually i think they were good stories but don’t need each other to be great games. Someone could easily play 4 who never finsihed any of the other games and aside from 1 or 2 characters making an appearence they could get into the game really well.

[/quote]

It was a new direction or the series. It introduces a new enemy while still dealing with the old.

[quote=“QuickSilver,post:42,topic:35111"”]

I just don’t understand why Paul Anderson had to changed everything. I understand why he created Alice, he needed a strong female character and RE doesn’t have one < cough Jill Valentine, cough Clair Redfield and Rebecca Chambers>, but what about the lead male characters Chris Redfield/Leon Kennedy? Where are they? Weren’t they good enough?

What about the story lines? The story sucks so far. In the games by the end of RE: Code Veronica, Umbrella was defeated, in the movie Umbrella turns Earth into a waste land <slightly different direction me thinks>. The 1st movie was ok in that it the premise was close to the game, escaping the mansion/lab <ok just the lab>. The 2nd was plain crap, yeah they included actual characters this time Jill/Carlos but they’re pretty much minor and easily forgotten when Alice is on the scene and the movie revolves around her and Nemesis. Now this 3rd movie takes place in a post apocalyptic waste land, what the hell game was that in? I’m glad they threw Clair Redfield in the mix, despite the fact she was a teenager in the RE: 2, but her inclusion in this movie is really just a half assed attempt to appease the true RE fans. They could have given this girl any name really since they didn’t follow the story line of the game.

As per usual this is Paul Anderson taking a product with a strong fan base and ruining it by attempting to draw in a bigger audience with a lackluster story line. His only real achievement was his first major movie Mortal Kombat. Movies like MK2, RE trilogy and Alien vs Predator have only shown that Mortal Kombat was nothing more than a fluke and he should have stopped while he was ahead.

[/quote]

HUGE NERD ALERT

HUGE NERD ALERT

am i the only one that thought the first 2 were wayyyyy better?

this one was good, dont get me wrong…but just seemed so out there…the transition from the 2nd one to this one seemed so choppy, so many details left out, and so much took place between the two…

they spent like 30 seconds saying “well the t virus got out…and…now it’s the end of the world.”

wtf…

ehh… say what you will about me. I love the RE games and wish they were portrayed more accurately in the movies. And if I’m a huge nerd and your not, why are you reading posts in Huge Nerd Corner then?

HUGE NERD ALERT[/quote]

ehh… say what you will. I love the RE games and wish they were portrayed more accurately in the movies. And if I’m a huge nerd and your not, why are you reading posts in Huge Nerd Corner?[/quote]

i agree man, the movies should have been taken in a whole different direction if not making movies out of the games then at least make a movie from a different point of view from the games but staying at least close to their plot.

[quote=“RFL DSM(S),post:43,topic:35111"”]

i tried to read all that just coudlnt god damn a.d.d.

[/quote]

Its ok, cliffnotes version is Paul Anderson sucks and so do his movies.