Ok here we go.....(WOW!)

I got the bike home around 2:30 today. After BSing for a bit I went to the back and started fooling with the clutch getting used to it prior to taking it out which was suggested by my buddy. Let me tell you, This thing is anal and touchy. You sneeze on the throttle and it goes soaring in the RPMs.

So after practicing pulling out for a bit, I take it out on my street and ride it easy around the plan. Stalled it a couple times and then couldn’t find netural. Got that solved and realized what I was doing wrong. Man does this thing want to go. just putting around in first. It took several laps around the plan to get use dto the throttle. I also learned real quick that no throttle and depending on gearing helps you slow down and it totally clicked why you down shift all the way down each gear then use your brakes. I actually liked it and was easy.

The front brakes grab like a mother. So I was relived to find out from talking to Bill who rode it home that the back brake was actually forgiving and didn’t lock it up right away. He was even suprised.

So after doing that which was about an hour and a half I cam back shaking with excitement and nervs and laid down for a bit. I woke back up at 5 and decided to take it for a ride over to my dads on the other side of town. I think I should have waited till later due to the traffic. :doh:

I stalled it trying to pull out into traqffic for the first time. Thank god I was able to get it started and get going pretty quckly again. Again I think it was my nerves form it being the first time. I Get 500 foot off the road and already I am introduece to the world of idiot drivers and have to stop extremely fast. Let me tell you my balls were a bit soar from jamming up into the tank. Never locked it up, it was just one of those you stop and stop now. So the rest of the ride was pretty uneventful except for the occasional asshole riding my ass. Fuck them I was doing the speed limit (for the first time in my life) and enjoying it.

So I stop by my dad’s get some water, show him and Joel the bike. He asked me If I was ok or did I want to load it into his truck and take it home…lol

I continued on down into oakmont to stop by my grandmother’s but she wasn’t home. SInce there wasn’t too much traffic I headed into verona down by the river then back up past my dad’s. This is where it got interesting.

No mechanical problems but just as I was about to pass my dad’s entrance road I lifted my visor to wipe some sweat that went into my eye. Opened my eye and my damn contact fell out :eek2:. I pulled the bike over shut it down and started looking in my helmet. As I was doing that Joel was pulling out and asked if I was ok. I had him follow me back home and watch my ass. Thank god nothing else happend.

1. The bike is really sturdy. Has a nice feel to it and make you feel comfortable but not too comfortable. Like others have said you have to pay attention and this bike lets you know when you are fucking off.

2. The rear brake was a concern for me but after riding it and feeling it its very nice.

3. The freedom. I have been wanting a bike for years now and getting out today for that short ride was a great feeling. I never once went way above the speed limit. Most of the time I was between 35-45MPH and it was great. Call me a poser if you want for having a big bike like this and only putting but its what I wanted and was so content it wasn’t even funny.

Dislikes:

Only real dislike I have right now is the clutch and throttle responce. It is a catch it now or your not catching it. I think a breeze blew by the throttle handle and it went revving to 5 grand. Its really touchy and is going to take some working with. Infact I think I;m only going to go out early in the morning on the weekends right now when there is less traffic till I can get it figured out and used to it.

I know this was long but was excited that I didn’t kill myself the first day. Here are some pictures also.

-peace

Nice bike. Taking it easy at first is a good idea. Enjoy and be safe!

You’re making me miss my bike.

Nice, enjoy it…

Does Jenn know you’re riding her bike?

her bike :rofl:

she can’t master a bicycle or 4 wheels. I highly doubt she could handle this…lol

mike cool you survived day one. i would actually stick around the housing plan for a while. also i see you listend and noticed that downshifting helps slow down. is your clutch hydraulic? if so it will take some time to get used to. for you its probably better that you never rode another cable clutch. my RR is hydro and its like you said on and off. once you get the feel for it youll find a little bit of play

Actually its a cable clutch.

The only reason I took it out of my plan and too my dads was due to it being so hilling and spending most of my time in first. By time I shifted into second I had to down shift into first to make the right hand turn again at a safe speed. Liek I said I only had those two problems the inital Stall pulling out and that asshole making me stop fast.

Well the contact thing to but thats not kawasaki’s fault :smiley:

I think If I go early weekend morning or late evening like after 7 and take a couple laps to and from before it gets dark it will help me out. What a different world though seeing cars from out in the open and assholes not paying attention. Christ…

yep youll see it more with more seat time. they just dont see us. and youll be a better cager when driving

i would actually learn to stay around the plan and work those hills before the actual roads. seriously if you can ride fine in first then youll be ok in the next 5 gears. your biek like mine has a tall first gear so youll be fine. but practice those hills for a good bit of time. I’d say about 30 minutes around that to you get a feel for the clutch. personally when i teach ppl i have then use the clutch to move the bike and not touch the gas and just play with it to you get moving. then have them stop and do it again. this gives you the most feel for the clutch. then i have the person start and stop on the hill. going up and down to they get the feel of it. riding on a road isnt a problem its when you got up and down hills and around bends. just take it slow and youll be fine.

unfortunately true, Like quik said people do not see you, I don’t know how many times I have been cutoff. Just always be aware of your surroundings.

But sweet bike otherwise, it is sharp!!

nice bike mike! I think you have to worry about Jenn hitting it in your driveway more then anything else!

:rant:

funny, but the bike is in the garage. :mad:

nice…have fun and be careful, man

so garage falls on bike? :booty:

you’ve been known to attack buildings too!

:rofl:

Sweet bike man… don’t worry about having a big bike and going slow :kekegay:

looks pimp… if i ever got a bike i’d probably do the same!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:hahano:

lol Like I said fuck those people riding my ass while I’m doing the speed limit, I had a grim on my face like I was 5 years old at kennywood for the first time… :smiley:

when is the cyro and wing going on?

:smiley:

j/k - that’s an awesome bike.

thats a nice bike, and its smooth looking…
do those taillights spin or something?

yep, the faster you go the faster they spin around

redneck is lying… they actually spin out of the back of the seat and shoot missles at the people behind you.