Old GM bolt patterns?

OK, I grabbed a steel wheel from the trunk of a late '70’s Bonneville for my '71 Pontiac Grand Ville and stupidly had a snow tire mounted on it w/o test-fitting it on the car first.:smash2:It’s close but does not fit. I thought all “big body” GM RWD cars shared the same pattern, or maybe the wheel came from another make. Does anyone know what would bolt up? I figure if it’s hard to find I’ll just go find a match at Tift, I’m sure there are a few dozen out in the woods!

maybe im retarded, but are we supposed to know what kind of car you drive?

yes you are, it clearly says he has a 71 pontiac grand ville.

:hitit:

(Beat to the bunch with replies)

As for an answer, I’m not sure where to look for specs on the old Bonnies. I would say call a parts store like Advance and see if they have the info in any of their books.

google?

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Pontiac___Vehicle_Bolt_Pattern_Reference.cfm

After 76ish boneville was considered a mid size(like a malibu) i think , so the bolt pattern would be 5 x 4 3/4, yours is prob a 5 x 5 like a full size

that list isnt that good, the years are all over for listed groupes.

both the cars you listed should be 5x 4.75 Some big cars BOP were 5x5 I’ve heard, but never had one. Just had the reguarl pontiac rally IIs on (14x6 and 15x7). The only other pontiac setup it might be was 8lugs. that was only till like 67 on the big cars, and was a rare luxury setup. (really heavy, like a 2piece wheel to the drums). But sence you got them form the trunk, and not even off the car there probally not even rioght anyway. Did you see if the car had 4 wheels on it still? this was a Jyard I asume?

Sorry, next time I’ll search a lot harder for someone that didn’t in the first place.

first you ask me why I would stay in a hotel, now you can’t read…

:picard:
get some sleep lol

srsly dudebro lol :picard:

The car probably does have a few on it, (M&M) but I want to make sure they fit before I buy another wheel from them. I thought all big later GMs, like Caprice, Roadmaster, etc had the same pattern. Maybe they do, I just wanted to see if anyone knew before I went out there again. Someone probably threw some Ford wheels or something in the trunk before they scrapped the car.

ya, I used to hide parts in shit cars. When I didn’t have money that day.

^^nice avatar

all 91-96 cap,imp,road,fleet,cust, are all 5x5 … before that they were 5x4 3/4 … but before 74ish they were also 5x5 …

so any wheel off the cars listed will fit yours … if ya need to steelies i have 2 with tires for free … just come pick them up

Excellent! PM sent.

My '76 Cadillac was 5x5 which is the same as you’d find a 1/2 ton 2wd chevy truck. The '71 Pontiac may be the same or else 5x4.75 as mentioned.