OMG! Ariel went nuts

When it comes to power and lightweight, enough is never enough. And so, Ariel (finally) gives us the Atom 500 V8, an 1,102-pound roadster boasting the highest power-to-weight ratio (1,000 hp-per-ton) of any production car to date. How does Ariel do it? It starts with the engine and gets more insane from there.

The heart of the Atom 500 is a Russell Savory (RS Developments) 2.4-liter V8 equipped with five valves per cylinder, a dry sump and a supercharger (no supercharger in the U.S.) 500 hp is available at a screaming 10,000 rpm, with power being delivered to the rear wheels through a six-speed sequential Sadev gearbox.

At each corner, Alcon four-pot brakes are nestled within Dymag magnesium wheels, with carbon fiber used liberally on the wheel arches, underbody tray, rear wing and formula-style front aerofoil.

All told, the Ariel Atom 500 V8 will hit 60 in under three seconds, blow past 100 mph in less than seven seconds and can be yours for… no word yet, but expect pricing to be released shortly. Hat tip to James!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/05/01-ariel-atom-500-v8.jpg

itb’s!

damnnnnnnn

www.dpcars.net

:spooge:

Wow :jawdrop:

I want that engine for a CRX

Burnouts everywhere

Wow…

beat me to it

Dpcars is a one off, this is an ariel official one…

true. but he beat them to it.

FUCK YES.

want.

Wow sums it up.

In for high res.

I love when you post shit like this.

What I really want is some nice high res shots of the car, and a track video.

Nice, looks like that tranny will bolt right into my Accord Wagon!

Ive driven a regular Atom with the 2.0 Ecotec and it was insane scarey/fun. I can’t imagine double the hp.

wow

is this that motor based on busa cylinder heads some fab shop in england was building?