OMG GIANT SQUIDZ

Scientists in Japan captured a 24 foot giant squid, and for the first time got the whole event on video.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/12/22/giant.squid.ap/index.html

Towards the bottom on the left for the video

doesnt it say its 24 feet

“The squid, which measured about 24-feet long, died while it was being caught”

Yes.

:banghead:

I’ll fix that.

whoa…crazy.

Amazing! So cool to see one alive…for a short period.

not exactly the most interesting video ever.

…Yeah?

But this has never been on film before. Its kinda like viewing earth from space for the first time.

Maybe someone shoud add some Disturbed to the vid? SIQ

Didn’t someone film the same thing like a year ago.
Now it seems like everytime someone films a living squid they claim it is the first.

Gonna need a lot of butter for all that calamari…

http://www.misterpants.com/01/images/katamari_damacy.jpg

inb4onlyonepersongetsit

The captured squid was caught using a smaller type of squid as bait, and was pulled into a research vessel “after putting up quite a fight,” Kubodera said.

“It took two people to pull it in, and they lost it once, which might have caused the injuries that killed it,” he said.

The squid, a female, was not fully grown and was relatively small by giant squid standards. The longest one on record is 60 feet, he said.

Ya i understand that part, but they even said it died while trying to catch it. So at that point in the video the thing is pretty much dead already. It squirt water a couple times with very little force behind it and it moved one tenticle.

I can see being impressed if it was actually swimming around, or they got on video it actually attacking the bait or something.

Wow. Such interesting creatures, it’ll be cool when they finally grab one alive and can keep it alive.

dont these fish live in Seriously deep water? where pulling them to the surface would kill them from the pressure change?

i believe that is why they havent been studied that much.