Omni-Power Slip Over Coilover Kit?

Anyone ever use these? They are very reasonably priced but I don’t know a damn thing about spring rates or anything. 448 lb springs in the front and 336 lb springs in the rear. What does that mean, does it translate into a sporty yet comfy ride, or is it gonna be super harsh?

these companies sound no-name, but ever hear of NRG or NEX? i think they’re shitty ebay-like products, but I just had to ask.

school me

those rates will be “sporty” i run 1000s in the rear of my car and there alittle harsh but i have a very high tolerance for car shit. Im sure theres other guys here that can tell you alot more but what car are you looking to put these in

civic hatch

forgot to mention, i have agx’s all around

448f/336r is kinda high unless you are going for a 2"+ drop and don’t want the car to move much at all.

I would guess that stock rates for a Civic is 100-150 lbs, Eibachs and other aftermarket springs are 150-200 lbs. I’m sure there is a HT sticky that answers that very question.

Seeing that Civics have Double Wishbone/Multilink suspension there is no reason to run that high on the street (i.e there is no performance advantage with street tires and when your suspension does move negative camber gain isn’t a bad thing). Those rates are getting into competitve auto-X and R-comp controll.

With AGX’s the rule of thumb for spring rates is “don’t go more than 150% stock or you’ll blow them”. But I am about 450% on the original GAB design and the still work so I dunno.

The thing that you can do is get the kit and if you don’t like it pick up a pair of 250 springs for like $50 used. Then move the 336 to the front, 250s in the rear.

As far as “is it a crappy eBay product” I have never understood how GroundControl gets away with selling nothing more than a threaded fastener for $399.

where can one find these springs?

is Drop-Zone any good?

anyone?

i had these on my hatch with AGX’s and they were a better ride than the H&R race springs that were on it before.

that is good news…i think I will be ordering them soon

im giving someone a chance to talk me out of it, zong tried but failed