One Supra gone... the new car arrives

That’s my car and the wheels are one-offs that CCW made consisting of a Kinesis K57 face made by CCW with LM series lips and faces

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4955734-the-photo-thread&p=66662692&viewfull=1#post66662692

Neg reps all around.

i cant even add the “WOULD SMASH” cuz it sounds so wrong.

kramer its Fikse, not Fiske.

GOT EMMM

lol oh well, those don’t interest me. i have very select taste in rimz as i like to explicitly display on this here fourem.

http://hypebeast.com/blog/emekaobi/files/2009/09/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

The next ***** that say something while I’m talking is getting shot. Please believe that.

Real, old kinesis are as badass as it gets, so you can pretty much all die in a CCW fire.

Those wheels posted above are so nasty. Fikse closed shop correct?

Someone had a great idea.

they a custom CCW wheels are they not?

benny, eat my ccw turd

they’re custom kinesis wheels, if you ask me.

if you take a bbs rs face and add kodiak lips, is it a custom kodiak wheel or a custom bbs wheel?

exactly, thank you and fuck off you meatheaded fuckhole.

hey benny, when u eat a doughnut combined with a bag of doritos and a slim jim, does that make custom fat around that custom waist of yours?

i sorry, i had to. still love u, u FAT fuck

yeah you like BBS RS’ like the rest of the internet hard parkers :hug

that’s because BBS RS are fucking awesome. overplayed, but awesome.

^Lies

consider your wheels pounded on with a ball point hammer

Let’s look at a big piece of what makes a “quality” wheel (from engineering standpoint)- the forging process. The highest quality wheels are forged on an 8000 ton press.

There are only a few of these machines in the world, so even if finish machining and other processes are performed by the wheel manufacturer or supplier, the forging is most likely done somewhere else.

Just for kicks, I searched for 10 minutes for such a machine in the US. I remember hearing from a good friend in the aftermarket wheel industry that Champion Motorsports has access to one in the US, but I could be wrong. Can’t find evidence of this online, other than a couple threads I found where it says CM can supply wheel spares from the US. They do have a custom wheel program though, and it would seem logical they have access to a press close by to shorten delivery, cut shipping, but since it’s such a huge capital investment so who knows?

Anyways, in the quick search, I can’t find a press in the US, although I’m sure there are a couple.

Search for “8000 ton wheel press Japan” though and you’ll see a ton of quality wheel companies (including Champion Motorsports, Rays, Awksher, Ralph And Chuck (RAC)) pop up with statements that these forgings are done on machines in Japan. Yes it’s the interwebbzzz but I’d like to think some of this is true.

According to Rays’ website, the only 10,000 ton press equipment in Japan is at Rays.

http://www.rays-msc.com/html/jwl.html

Plus from their testing, it would seem they introduce a higher margin of safety than many others in their testing standards.

Makes perfect sense, because Japanese companies tend to be very conservative.

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that I had a hard time finding a completely US made wheel, including the forging. I can’t find evidence CCW wheels are forged here, although of course that’s possible.

holy shit! someone call CCW! they are great guys im sure they will answer any questions u have

I doubt they will tell you where they forge their wheels

ok but they most likely will tell u on the press used. 8k ton, 10k ton etc