opinions on snow tire

so the Dunlop Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT is the cheapest snow tire for my car.

anyone run these before?
thoughts?
miles?
good in real snows?

Well it definitely has more acronyms than any other tire I’ve seen. That must make it good right?

DS-2
DSST
CTT

And how could you not be sold after lines like this:
“Graspic DS-2 DSST CTT tires use Dunlop’s Digital Rolling Simulation II technology (computer enhanced design) to develop tires with enhanceddurability and traction.”

Digital Rolling Simulation II technology… what the fuck are you waiting for man? Not that crappy old Digital Rolling Simulation I technology. No sir, not for these sumbitches. If they ever needed to land the space shuttle in the snow these would be the ones they’d do it on.

The only thing that would make these tires more awesome is if they got the shamwow guy to sell them.
http://www.thedirtytrickscampaign.com/18106400id2.jpg

They look :tif:

The two reviews don’t sound bad but I assume these have some short comings

I got nothing.

half all season…

yeah nothing great, what size are you running?

I’ve had Dunlop Graspic DS-2’s (DSST CTT no idea?) on my Honda Civic, they’re awesome in the snow, but the wife’s been driving on them all summer and now they’ve become somewhat noisy when going >= 50mph. We’ve got about 15000 miles of mixed summer and winter on them now and they still have about half tread. Of course as with most snows, don’t expect them to handle very well when its dry… they squeal like stuck pigs if you take a corner too fast.

Firestone-Winterforces? awesome snow tires if you can find a set and if they have your size.

Also JJ from DITB and on here posted these up a few weeks ago. I dont know much about them but here is what he had to say:

In case anyone out there was a fan of Gislaved Nord-Frost, they were bought out and an older generation of the Nord-Frost has been rebranded as the General Altimax Arctic. Pretty cheap, and Nord frost’s historically wear really well for winter tires. I kinda want a set.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Altimax+Arctic&partnum=055QR6AMAXA&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&place=16

FWIW, I have Dunlop m3’s on my wrx.
things are fucking beasts.
Road noise, pretty damn loud, but the thing grips in snow like you wouldn’t believe.

I want to party with that guy. He cracks me up.

im using 195/55/15 michelin x-ice’s on my civic right now. i love them.

ERROR 404, closeout/ not in stock for my POS. :tdown:

X…

Spend an extra $200 for peace of mind, and Blizzak’s.

ive ran the graspic ds2’s winterforce and blizzacks and i rate the winterforce last, but they are the cheapest. then the ds2’s then the blizzacks. graspics do a good job imo.

i have them on my sti now, they have pros and cons.

pros: cheap, stiff sidewall for NON snowy days, runflat, pretty grippy in the white stuff, quiet ride

cons: dissappointed with the grip on straight up ice

Is there actually any tire that is much better than the others (except studded) on ice?

It seems like, if you are on glair ice, nothing short of driving skill will save you

softer the compound the better on ice, and if the tread is more agressive…honestly im on my second set of winterforces…quite, good on snow, and they last a long time…other snows are so soft that after one season ur like wtf happened to my tread?? winterforces best bang for the buck!

that is why we do not run snow tires IN THE SUMMER.

i have loads of winterforce tires if interested

oh, whoever is mounting them for you is going to be PISSED also.

since they are run-flats AND you will be getting a low aspect ratio it is a pain in the dick… paul at swerve definitely had a fun time putting mine on. He said they were about as stiff as hoosiers lol.