What's everyone running for winter tires this year?

Discuss.

I’m running Firestone Winterforces for my second winter. I’ve loved them ever since they got me home last year from Cleveland the day they closed the Thruway (I got off in Irving and avoided being stranded).

They’re exceptional in deep snow.

What’s everyone running and what do you think?

I’m running the same. I’ve never had them before so we’ll see how they go. I got a smoking deal on a set of steelies with these already on them, so I’m hoping for the best. Glad to hear you had such good results last year.

This will also be my first winter in something that is not AWD, but I think the GTI should hold up fine.

Winterforces as well here. Best tires for the price

Blizzak ws60’s here on the GTO. Bought them off a member here 2 years ago with almost 100% tread depth and was waiting for my Hankook Ipikes to wear out to put them on.

What ever all seasons came on the Murano for it. With AWD, ABS and it’s various computer crap that’s more than enough for the limited snow we get in the northtowns.

Green Diamond Tires on my wife’s car. Never heard of them before but found a good deal on them on craigslist. She doesn’t have a very long commute anyways so they should be fine. Got some cheap Michelin Alpin XM S tires on my car, again the tread is good so we’ll see how they do. Last year I ran my nearly new all seasons and did just fine. Year before that I ran Nokian Hakkapellitta Q’s, which by far have been the best snow tire I have ever driven on.

Studded Nokain Hakka 5’s on the quattro A4 should = tank.

Dunlop graspic ds3 on my R32. First winter with awd. Cant wait!

My woman’s Yaris had 2 winterforces and 2 general arctic claw or whatever their snows are called

Blizzak LM-22 on le m

Nokian Hakka Rsi on my bmw.

Winterforce also…

Same car and setup, should be bananas. Never used them before but they are supposed to be amazing.

winterforces are great snows for the money, used them on a neon. I also got my sister, gf, and mom snowtrackers for a killer deal, another good snow for a crazy low price(what I paid that is).

I’ve also used ipike’s and blizzack’s, I think ws-60s, and they are both great snows.

whatever my car came with

I’m running General Altimax Arctics for the 3rd or 4th season. They are getting pretty low, but still at 6-7/16ths. Definitely the last season for them.

If i 402mod my car up, whats the biggest tire i can run without rub? right now I’m on Michelin hydro-edge and i have loved them for the summer but thinking about winter-forces for the winter.
Im running 205/75R15 winterforces on the TDI for the winter.

I have Hakkas on my tC. Can’t remember the actual model. It’s actually pretty good in the snow as long as I don’t get careless and try to go into anything too deep. Third year I’m using these tires and I bought them used. Still look to have plenty of tread left!

I’m replacing my Blizzaks with Hakka Rs in the coming week (purchased/installed from carnut!).
2 of them are @ 1/32 and 2 are are 2/32.

The beat winters still drove my car like a champ last season… so it’ll be exciting to see how these new Hakka’s do.

The girlfriend is running all seasons on her car, because she doesn’t need winter tires because her dad says all season tires are fine for winter.
Sooooooooo be it. I’m not arguing about it. Old men know best, right?

studded hakkas. bought them on here for cheap, got them with a set of rims too so i couldnt pass it up. Last year i had new falken allseasons and did fine in most snow. I wouldn;t drive in anything too deep unless i HAD to get home anyways.

I just mounted and balanced these same tires on a mustang today and because of the sound of them on dry pavement that’s what I told the owner. “You now have tank treads” These should be awesome come snow time.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/goodyear_ultra_grip.jpg

fucking awesome in da snow. :bigtup:

Blizzaks LM60s! First winter with a AWD car! cant wait!!