Discuss: Winter Tires, anyone?

I’m just wondering…what will be the best set of tires for next winter?

• anybody got a winter tire brand/type in mind already?
  • already have a set of winter tires maybe?
  • if you don’t have em…and interested in getting em…any tire shop in mind?
  • WHEN do you usually put em on your car?

discuss please :slight_smile: :beer::pimp:

BLIZZAKS yo…i usually put them on the week before halloween

can you share the specific type of that blizzak?
how’s your experience with it thus far?
how expensive? :slight_smile:

Studded winterforces from Tread City Tire Inc. in North Tonawanda. It cost me $450 for 4 of them studded and mounted. Then in the spring the dismounted/remounted my all seasons for a grand total of $20.

Oh yeah, and studded winterforces on a snowy slippery shitty street almost make it no fun because you can’t tell there’s any snow on the road.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Winterforce&tireModel=M%2BS

Haha the shop guys asked me why I put monster truck tires on my Jetta. They asked where I was going to be driving. My response: “Anywhere I want.”

i ahve the Blizzak Revo1s i love them…they are about 100 bux a piece

Whatever you go with, I’d recommend getting them studded. Why spend $400+ to have traction in the snow and not spend the extra $50 to get a shit ton more?

cause if its not snowing they are loud annoying

HAHA nice :smiley:

If you’ve ever looked at some of the blizzak reviews you’d see that studding basically isn’t needed. Their glare ice performance (done on an ice rink no less) was almost on par with a studded snow tire.

I’ve used Cooper WeatherMasters in the past they worked fine for cheap snow tires.

word i gotta buy 17s this winter…it sux

Blizzak WS-50’s here for me. Smaller-than-stock size (225/50/17). Only time I’ve spun out is on stock tires in the rain.

thank you very much for the opinions!

i’ll definitely need to decide on one model…

i think anybody didn’t mentioned where to get em…any ideas?

Got mine from the Tire Rack.

Blizakk LM-22s.

Tirerack is probably your best bet, although you could check with Innovative Tuning or Hybrid.

Hakkapeliita tires are pretty good too for snow. Harder to find though.

Tread City Tire in North Tonawanda. They’re usually the cheapest by a bit because they are a, ahem, VERY low overhead place. I’ve only heard of them by word of mouth. Never seen an ad. It’s a big pole barn full of tires with a section for changing tires and another section that’s the office. There’s a waiting room. It’s Grandma’s Cafe 2 blocks down, that serves a kick ass breakfast. :tup:

89 Thompson St
North Tonawanda, NY 14120

Haha true. I got used to it, but then when I put my all-seasons back on in the spring it was eerie-quiet. :stuck_out_tongue:

ic! thanx for the information, man!

u got your tires installed over there, btw?

EDITED: dang! those are pretty expensive! they’re certainly more expensive than any all season tires i bought, lol!

ahem…

cheap winter tires discussion will be good too! lol…

Hakkas are my favorites :headbang:

^ aha…heard of that as well…

do you mind telling us what model of hakka ur using? how much? where u got and install em?

i have blizzaks for the saab and i like them, but i have also been fine with all-seasons in past winters, too.