Ortiz vs Shamrock

isnt ken shamrock like 100 years old??

give it up dude, u used to be good

I know Shamrock is getting old but he was always awesome to watch.

He’s like 41 and still has time left. He can take the abuse better than most. There is no doubt he can still do it. He deserves respect. Which that cocky SOB ortiz doesnt realize.

The fight was weaksauce. I can’t believe they stopped it when they did, that was bs. Tito said “he went limp”…I call bullshit on that. From like the 5 angles they showed the fight he was just getin hit, never went limp, never was out. Ref called it way early. bet he had some $ running on the fight :snky:.

On the other hand. The first fight was absolutly amazing…must have been the bloodiest fight I have ever seen lol.

lol ortiz kicked the snot out of him like 2 years ago, he should of hung it up then

I thaught that fight was like 4 months ago?

no this was when ortiz was champ, way back

BuickGN~~Ortiz butchered Shamrock’s face true. But he kept coming back. He never tapped he never gave up. He’s got something to prove out there. Maybe he is getting old, but he can still hang.

JED~~I have been watching UFC for a long ass time and that was one of the bloodiest matches I have seen. Your right as well that shamrock never went limp. His arms were up not on the mat. He was taking some blows sure, but he wasnt out of it. As I have said there will for sure be a part 3. If I was Ortiz though I can’t see celebrating as much as he did for that win. That was bush.

just finished watching the fight… download the entire UFC PPV through some speed torrent… quality was not amazing but whatever. The night itself was very dissapointing. I’m glad Joe Stevenson won, and Josh Berkman was awesome. Futhermore I was dissapointed seeing arlovski lose, although it was obvious he should have. Sylvia is just a big dope, i dunno :shrug:

About the tito fight. I am a huge ortiz fan and was glad he won. I doubt there was anyone who was watching that felt shamrock was going to pull it out… even from the beginning he got slammed, moved and pounded on.

SURE HE COULD TAKE A LOT OF PUNISHMENT…

but was it really necessary? i obviously wanted the fight to last a lot longer, but wtf do you expect to happen when Ken’s arms are flailing around… honestly not defending himself… taking 5+ elbows in the face…

why wasn’t he trying to block… or move? is it because he was getting his ass beat on again? yes… do i think he could have taken a lot more? yes… but wtf does it matter when the inevitable happened, and would have happened minutes later

can you really tell me you see ken miraculously recovering from 10+ elbows into the brain and any other punishment that was going to follow… and somehow manage a win? did there just need to be more blood to satisfy you :roll2:

:shrug:

edit: i think its presumptious to think there will be another fight, even though there is talk about it, im sure tito would rather set up a rematch with chuck or whomever instead of wasting time on the former WWF champion :stuck_out_tongue:

they get paid to fight, thats thier job, they shouldnt have stoped the fight, let ken get pwn to total KO.

Well the ref made the correct call. I’m not doubting that. I wasnt looking for blood. Just a fight. BUt either way regardless anybody who beats Ortiz I am a fan of. I don’t see Ortiz pounding out Iceman though.

:word: I don’t think ortiz can defeat liddell, if liddell makes it that far.

liddell’s standup is obviously strong, although has shown weakness to strong defense and precise counterpunching. his gigantic haymakers can’t land if the opponents hands dont ever stop blocking. without any takedown ability, liddell is going to have a hard time in the future, imo.

however, liddells sprawl is outrageous, and his ability to get up off the ground is unparalled in the 205 division. if he can beat babalou, and they give ortiz the fight, it will, like you said, most likely end the way the first one did, since ortiz has shorter arms, a more loose standup… and even though he has good ground and pound, he isn’t the best shooter… which would be his only chance IMO.

i cant see ortiz winning in the clinch either

:word: Ortiz is good, I will give credit where it is due, but he is a disrespectfull asshole about it. Ortiz likes to talk alot of shit. I want to see chuck Liddel beat his ass again.

My favorite UFC fighter is Matt Houghs. He roxors.

i usually don’t like shit talkers either, but ortiz is just good at it, and it fits his persona perfectly. all sports and forums need a ‘bad boy.’ and it’s not like ortiz hasn’t been defeated before either, he has been whipped more than once by more than one person :shrug:

hughes is good, it’s hard with the UFC, it’s so easy to have a lot of favorites… i like ortiz, diego sanchez ( just because he is so insane… and stupid on the mic ) vitor belfort… i’m very very excited to see anderson silva in the UFC… he is going to honestly dominate :tup:

Sanchez is awsome. they guys is nuts. Wached a fight yesterday where he jumped on the guy piggyback like and was pounding him lol. he is like a fuckin spider monkey with martlial arts skillz.

That guy is crazy. He will for sure be a nasty force.

He’s very, very talented, but every fight of his that I watch, I have a hard time staying awake. His fighting style (wrestling, ground and pound) has to be the most boring of any UFC champion in history. Very methodical, and he is successful with it, but holy shit it’s boring.

but the guys is amazing lol. his record is sick. like 42-3 or something.

:lol: whos anderson silva???

do u mean Wanderlei Silva… if so he is one of my top 5.

There is the Shamrock V. Ortiz fight