understood… see ya next time :thumb

2 more days

Cant wait gonna be funnnnnn

And cold lol. 40*.

I’ll be there.

I cannot refute any of the above statements :rofl :rofl :rofl

UPDATE 10/15!!

Schedule, Qualifying & Race Format

OK, so we have 50 laps total, and 12 karters.

Here’s how we will run it.

I. 10 Lap Practice Session
II. 10 Lap Practice Session
III. Heat 1 (10 Laps)
IV. Heat 2 (10 Laps)
V. Gridded Race

At first everyone (all karters) will run a 10 lap practice session to get used to the course.

After a break, another 10 lap practice session will be held.

After this, we will split into two run groups, selected at RANDOM through cards.

One run group is “A”, the other is “B”. Each group will have six (6) karters.

For simplicity let us assume there are karters A,B,C,D,E,F in run group “A”, and karters “G,H,J,K,L,M” in group “B”.

There will be two qualifying heats, Heat 1 and Heat 2.

Each karter will be RANDOMLY assigned a starting position (referred to as P1, P2, P3, etc) for Heat 1.
The order will then be REVERSED for Heat 2.

So, if karter A was P1 in Heat 1, he becomes P6 in Heat 2.

Now, the FINISHING order for each karter will be noted for Heats 1 & 2.

Karters will “earn” points for a finish as below:

P1 - 1 point
P2 - 2 points
P3 - 3 points
P4 - 4 points
P5 - 5 points
P6 - 6 points

So if karter A finished P2 in Heat 1 and P4 in Heat 2, karter A is assigned 2 + 4, or six points.

AFTER the two heats are completed, the karter’s total number of points is divided by two.

LOWEST THREE SCORES from each of the Groups “A” and “B” will move to a “TOP DOG” group of six (6) karters.

The remaining karters will be placed into Group C.

Group C will have a gridded race of 10 laps, with grid positions determined by:

1. Point total (low to high) or in case of a tie:
  2. Most positions gained in either Heat 1 and/or Heat 2

The “TOP DOG” group will go to the next step, with each of the six karters getting a timed flying lap of the course to qualify on the grid for the FINAL race.

FINAL RACE will be a 10 lap race, with the winner in the “TOP DOG” group being judged the overall winner and taking the RESPECT. :rofl

I know this is somewhat complicated but see my example below for the Group “A” and "Group “B” breakdown and an example of finishing / starting order for karters A-L in Heats 1 and 2 based on the points system:

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m380/ajg914/asdf.jpg?t=1255635223

In the columns at left in the above example:

“POS” stands for Position
“Start” stands for Karter Position at Start of the Heat
“Finish” stands for Karter Position at End of the Heat

In this example, karters A,B, and D advance in Group “A” as they have the lowest overall number of points in the group after Heats 1 and 2.

Karters J,K, and M advance in Group “B” as they have the lowest points total. Note that karters G,H, and M shared a points total of 4, but M advances because karter M managed to gain the most positions in Heat 1, being gridded at P6 and finishing at P3.

Therefore, this system rewards GAINING positions from where you were gridded in case of a tie.

Best of luck to all!! :thumb

So just to confirm, since we have 12 karters its:

$85/per + 10 bet + gas/food for the event (for our cars).

Yeah, good estimate there. It’s about 155 miles one way from Crossgates, so most cars can do the round trip in less than a tank.

Yeah, a tank of gas should be good. My car isn’t the best on gas and on an all-highway trip I can do 350miles or maybe a little more.

I won’t be heading back with you guys though, just so you know. I’m going to Rochester saturday night for a birthday party.

so i may be riding out with someone… since brooks, mike, and john bailed on me. Dont really want to ride out alone so whos gonna let me bum a ride for gas money.

You’re welcome to ride with me man… I got space in the ol’ beater…

nice ! i really thought u were gonna bail too because they all did

word, if u wanna ride with me shady and jammer u can im 95% sure, idk whos car we takin yet, prolly jammers explorer

lemme know and i’ll double check, or ride with archie cuz he got room in the back of the benz for u and some friends

UPDATE 10/16!!

Directions / Route to CVMP

The entire group will be leaving Crossgates together by 8:40 AM.

But JUST IN CASE- here is the map of the route the group will take to CVMP. Very straightforward.

http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m380/ajg914/XGatesCVMP.jpg

1. Head southeast on Crossgates Mall Rd 0.3 mi
  2. Take the ramp to I-87/I-90 0.3 mi
  3. Merge onto Adirondack Northway 0.5 mi
  4. Take the exit onto I-90 W 129 mi
  5. Take exit 34A to merge onto I-481 S toward Syracuse 10.2 mi
  6. Take the exit toward I-81 S 0.3 mi
  7. Keep left at the fork to continue toward I-81 S and merge onto I-81 S 8.5 mi
  8. Take the exit toward Cherry Valley Turnpike/US-20 W 0.2 mi
  9. Turn left at Cherry Valley Turnpike/US-20 W 3.5 mi

Destination will be on the left, 3.5 miles down from when you get on US-20 westbound.

Address:
4930 U.S. 20
LaFayette, NY 13084

See you all tomorrow at 8:30 AM!!! :thumb

Just an FYI…I have a Kenwood DNX8120 Navigation Head Unit so…

jesus archie, way to turn this into a math quiz. i’m still in. i’ll see you girls at 8:30 in crossgates!

Just wanna cover all bases, you know? See you man…

lol man i’m just breaking your balls! can’t wait till tomorrow.

Me neither haha. I’ve never done anything remotely to this. I’m super excited.

it’s a lot of fun, the worst part of tomorrow is going to be the weather… hopefully the carts are faster from it though!

Well yeah…I know I love my car when it’s below 50. Pulls much harder.

I’ve never ridden a bike/open air vehicle in cool weather…should I wear two layers?