Shift518 Karting at GPNY aka “Where the BS Stops” [10/19/2008] [Final Date]

Shift518 Karting at GPNY [10/19/2008]

IMPORTANT UPDATE 10/14/2008 (See 1-5 below)

1. Meeting Location

Crossgates Mall, lot across from old Hooters location / escalator up to food court.

See below

http://images.uncleajg.multiply.com/image/2/photos/52/600x600/70/Meeting-Spot1.jpg?et=jqDRvYFpO1NVSDstHXusNw&nmid=75706857

2. Meeting Time

10/19 (Sunday) 9:00 AM Sharp.

There’s a 10 minute “grace period” and we’ll take off at 9:10 AM.

I’m sure that everyone would appreciate punctuality as there are many on this board taking time off from work and spending time away from family to be at this event. Let’s not inconvenience others.

Thanks.

Since I only know a couple of guys on this board, I’d appreciate it if some peeps could PM me cell numbers. I will then text you with my cell phone number so we can contact each other.

3. List Confirmation

If you are on this list but are no longer attending, please PM me.
Likewise, if for some reason you are not on this list but are attending 100% please PM me.

1. OsoiNA6
  2. BoxerSix
  3. Vovchandr
  4. JClark
  5. Singh
  6. Lew (+1)
  7. Jammer
  8. dkid15
  9. skiboard06
  10. Shady
  11. Slwrthnu
  12. Highlife600cc
  13. Jon Hadley
  14. Hooked on 240 (+1)
  15. Neo187H
  16. Turbo Diesel
  17. Peter Knight
  18. Kramerbuccs24
  19. Mike
  20. Swifty
  21. Silent
  22. Wayne64SS (+1)
  23. ninety1two240
  24. k20powerz
  25. 82exp
  26. LACVILLE

4. Venue & Schedule

GPNY (Grand Prix New York)

333 North Bedford Road, Mount Kisco, NY 10549

Schedule

9 AM – Depart from Albany NY
12 PM – Race!
1 PM – #hit talking session I (aka lunch)
2 PM – More racing?
3 PM - #hit talking session II (aka snack)
4 PM - EVEN more racing?
5 PM – Head back to the 5-1-8

5. Format

I’ll take a head count of who’s in the house once we get to the venue. Then, as suggested before, we’ll split up into 2 groups.

One run group is for 200 lbs and up (heavy), other will be anyone below 200 lbs.

If we are getting an uneven split of people we’ll adjust weight split down or up as necessary.

Without paying a big wad of cash up front, there’s no way to reserve the track just for our group, so basically we will get people in a run group on the track at the same time. However, there may be a couple other random heads (read: innocent victims) thrown in just for some flavor… With some luck though we will have the track to ourselves for a couple runs (unless it’s super busy).

Either way, it will still be a ton of fun with Shift members running amok and wreaking havoc.

See you all at the track!

• OsoiNA6 (Archie)

Cost

$10 membership fee (This appears mandatory)
$25 per 16 lap race

So you could spend anywhere from $35 to $60, depending on whether or not we do more than one race together.

This is almost two months advance notice here, should be plenty of time for people to save up the funds.

Mow that lawn, shake that a$$, peddle that schlong, do what you have to do (we won’t bat an eye if pay GPNY in singles, or even coins)

Cliff’s Notes

• Karting is a cheap way to go wheel to wheel racing.
• GPNY is a professional facility with nice equipment to race with.
• Event is planned for SUNDAY, 10/19. Leaving 9 AM, arriving back 7 PM or so.
• Approximate cost will be $35 to $60, not including transportation costs
• BONUS! This event is guaranteed to generate tons of new smack talk and drama- two Shift staples.
• Don’t miss it!

sounds like fun, when it gets closer ill know for sure

i was wondering when the date was gonna be set for this… just like dave i will know when we get closer to the date

My friend from school wanted me to go there this summer with her… never got a chance to unfortunately. She’s been there before and tells me those go karts are fucking insane. And yes they do go 40mph+. :ohnoes

Put me down!

Done man! Get your Z buddies in on it too!!

I might be in I’ll know for sure next week

I will let you know tomorrow.

Im Down!

I already have my helmet on.

Are we there yet? :shifty

Whats sad is, you probably do have your helmet on making the noises

I would if any of em lived around here :tong

ned is the only one lol

ditto

Sweet…

OK, how about a deadline of 9/30 for all those who are sitting on the fence?

Please inform me about your decision by then. That way I have two weeks to make the reservation for the crew that is going. Thanks everyone.

Wish you picked a different date, there is a bmw track day that exact day at Limerock!

I am so there. Sign my name to the sheet.

depends who goes. possibilty.

I love high speed go carts. I went to the ones in Niagra. I sucked on the first few laps because I never did it before, but managed to ALMOST get on the last spot for the fastest lap times of the day or week (can’t remember)… Would have done so much better if I had more practice.

So why don’t you come this time and get more practice?