Owner of TAPOUT Dies street racing!

+karma

atleast he died having fun :shrug:

It was a hit and run. NOT a street race.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=8359&zoneid=2

At 12:57 a.m., a Newport Beach Police cruiser spotted Lewis’ red Ferrari and a white Porsche driving out of control on the southbound side of Jamboree Road, according to Lt. Jim Amormino, a public information officer with the Orange County Sherrif’s Department.

The Ferrari then struck the curb and hit a utility pole, tearing the car in half. After coming to a brief stop, the Porsche fled the scene.

First off…I wouldn’t take any bit of information from www.mmaweekly.com with a grain of salt.

Secondly…the two of them driving at a rapid/out of control speed, would be “Street racing”…

maybe they were having a drift competition?

sounds like a street race to me?

Considering the same basic story is on every site…I don’t think the fact that it was on MMAweekly means anything.

I guess he permanently “tapped out”…

…what too soon?

EXTREME!!!

Yellow Supra.

The use of “too soon?” is so fucking played out I really can’t handle reading it any longer. I really hope the whole community stops saying that shitty phrase. It’s a feeble attempt at self-glorifying an arduous comment that is rarely clever. STOP IT

Stop your whining pussy.

This is so stupid. The way I see it, if you enter into a street race, however illegal, you take responsibility for your own safety. Unless the other car forced him off the road, I can’t agree with charging him criminally.

See: Commonwealth v. Root (intervening cause)

:violin:

… too soon?

we’ll see if he gets hit with all the same charge(s) the neon driver got.
since… it’s the same thing basically right?

hell, there’s even a female girl involved (or not involved) too.

Those comments will buff right out.

I accidentally too soon?

The whole thing.

hopefully.

as opposed to a male girl?

unfortunately…they do exist.

I’m wondering how many asshats will be wearing Tapout shirts at the bars this weekend in “honor” of his death.