Street-race crash kills 7 in crowd

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/16/drag.race.deaths.ap/

Wow, that is terrible.

Looks like a Caprice and I couldn’t make out the other car.
Is that blood al over the roof of the Caprice? Looks like people were spread out for a distance too. WTF

i hope darwin killed the driver and not just the people watching. thats ridiculous

yea, there was no mention about any of the drivers. wonder whats gunna happen.

well… what’s worse?

drag racing on a road that’s meant to be driven on?

or

standing on the side of a highway that’s not supposed to be stood on?

Why is it always someone in a grocery getter that ends up in street racing accidents?

shitty

maybe its just me getting older, or the fact that ive seen this in the news too much but the idea of street racing really doesnt appeal to me anymore… i think its really stupid and irresponsible… so sad, but as hard as it is to say, they shouldnt have been there in the first place

well… what’s worse?

drag racing on a road that’s meant to be driven on?

or

standing on the side of a highway that’s not supposed to be stood on?

or

street racing in a caprice?

The driver of the white sedan had been interviewed and did not appear to be seriously hurt, but a passenger was among the dead, Police Capt. Donald Frick said.

Go Darwin :tdown:

“There were just bodies everywhere; it was horrible,” said Crystal Gaines, 27, whose father was among the dead.

Gaines said she grabbed her child but could not help her father, William Gaines Sr., 61.

WTF was she doing at a STREET RACE with her 61 yr old dad and her child at 3:40 AM?!?!?!

Street racing has always been ghey

That’s right down the road. A bunch of friends live in that town… We usually attend every other week or so… thank god this was the off-week and we went to Rockville instead.

You have to understand southern maryland. Out there you see more “gangsters” in caprices than you see anyone else in a honda civic. They’re everywhere. Low riders, raised ones, on bags, stock, beat up, clean, show-quality, bumpin’, go-fast etc etc… All different kinds, and all different styles… but they ALL have the damn spotlight.

Bingo. there’s a reason that there are tracks with rules and safety regulations. if you are there watching you are supporting the boneheads who are driving

CAPRICE MUZIC:

And now I know what street racing is… thank you CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/16/drag.race.deaths.ap/index.html#cnnSTCOther1

I don’t think it was actually racing. seems kinda weird to me…

while it probably was a bunch “gangsta’s” in a Caprice with a slow L99 (4.3L) there are alot of “fast” caprices, theres tons that run high 13s all the way down to low 11s
Hell theres even a few twin turbo ones turning single digits that are street driven

The 94-96 Lt1 Caprices can be made quick relatively easy

I have a 215k mile 94 with a 2500 stall, shift kit, homemade air intake and pcm program that will turn low 14s all day long

Not fast by any means but quicker than alot of nyspeeders

those are not fast times there quick

:tup: exactly