Painted 99 si

I cant understand why someone would paint there car another plain oem color aside from the one thats on there car… Mike said he spent $4950 in labor on my paintjob NOT including materials… People said I should paint my eclipse oem white… If I was going to do that I would have sold mine and just bought a white one!.. Instead of paying $5k+ JUST for paint I could get the entire car AND paint color for the same price… shit maybe even less… MY CONCLUSION, I cant understand why anyone would paint there car a NON crazy coLor if there going to spend the money.

All in all it really is to each their own. At least the paint job looks good and even overall. I see a civic hatch at HVCC and he repaints his car like every week (and LAYS on the clearcoat heavy). Maybe it’s just practice :lol

I’m all about keeping it OEM +. Subtle mods, nothing too flashy. I’ve had a couple cars painted and never changed the color on any of them.

And thats perfectly cool, but were talking about color changes… IMO if your GOING to paint your car, fuck spending a shit ton of money to paint it some plain oem color in which you could have got in the first place. Also, some people, myself included LIKE the flashy-ness. Idk about others but if im putting $20k+ into my car I want that fucker to stand out, thought thats what half the car scene was about?

A couple of mine were expensive too and that’s what I wanted. I don’t think entirely that’s what the scene is about. I know most of the Volkswagen guys I hang out with keep it subtle and not super flashy. Again it’s all preference.

I would take a car that was Bright Type R Yellow and repaint it BMW Bronze Metallic like Underboosted did. Its the best the car has looked since it was painted Phantom Gray by Honda! That being said when it was painted yellow the first time it was a good looking car then as well.

And 99% of the VAG scene looks like a herd of sheep. Originality isn’t in many of their dictionaries. THE ONLY WAY someone steps out of the norm and gets away with it, I swear its a conspiracy formed ahead of time to make it happen.

not directed to you or anyone in particular:

To me work is work. It takes a real man to NOT pass judgment on someones hard work, regardless of if it fits their taste or not. Thats it.

With that being said, nice paint job OP. Welcome to shift!

I was talking oem for oem which is what most people it seems like reccomend. Painting a Honda a BMW color is unique and the money it would cost to paint it would be justified as you cant get a honda in a BMW color stock…

Back when I had my 540, like 6 people on here were telling me to paint the car Alpine white… While Alpine white is a nice color, if I wanted it, I would have just waited and bought an Alpine white 540 instead of spending $10k on a different color car and THEN another $4k just to change the paint to an oem color… Makes no sense whatsoever imo.

I was not arguing with you but in a round about way agreeing…

word, i see that lol… was just rambling about the topic is all.

Honestly, its cool for being different. It takes balls to want a color like that on the most hated on brand and model cars. i paint everyday and never once had someone want that blue but i took double takes at the car for the color. Most people who come to me to want their car painted i try to steer towards oe colors off different cars, easier to fix if god forbid something happens.We all started somewhere. welcome and don’t mind some of the dooshbaggery on here.:lol

at least we can all agree, glad its not hot pink

Is that stealth an r/t?

And is this the same car that was always at friendlys in glenville?

Im pretty sure this has my old Shaved Trunk Lid on it. :haha
Hey someone had to buy it
Welcome to the forums but I wouldnt expect much being most of us prefer tasteful cars.

You have a car in your sig with a different colored front clip than the rest of the car…

:lol Did you see it before that though?!

i dont think it looks bad, besides the hood whish is rice. but he said he changed it to a stock cf. in the honda game u have to b different. everyones civic looks the same. u gota do something to spice it up. atlest theres no ugly crazy body kit and huge wing. out west they all have crazy bright hondas, and they look good. idk to each there own

Nope a 91 vr4 not even running yet lol just got my block in today actually

Yeah I bought one a couple months back so probably lol