PAINT

I need my kit painted, and so do other people. Bing said he would do it all for free.

there is a small CARSTAR in Scarborough that is usually not too busy since they have fewer insurance accounts. Dan is his regional manager. If you guys want a bunch of different stuff done this is a place that we could set you up with. They’ll do good work but you’ll get what you pay for.

let’s confirm how many people want what done then i’ll give the store a call and see if they’re up for it.

if they are you guys can get in touch with him individually.

I need:

Front + Rear bumper and Sideskirts painted.

I’d be down for sideskirts for sure. Maybe rear bumper too if i can find a kouki one.

-Front bumper repair/paint

a quick car flash, just to get the whole car 1 color… quality is not an issue

i’ll get in touch with the owner and post up details.

Good looking out, boy boy.

TH1 - Midnight Blue pearl is the paint code I need

curious to see how much theyll charge to shoot a whole car

if you want it proper it will be $5k anywhere… the only way to do it cheaper is to remove steps or downgrade materials.

unless you get the paint for free somwhere you cant get a $5k quality paint job for $2k.

you can prep the car yourself but the finished product will only be as good as your prep work

i know all that, i worked in autobody for years lol

i was just curious

127 Select Avenue
Scarborough, Ontario, M1V 4A5
Tel: 416-754-7655

Ask for frank… i havent called him but if he’s got time he’ll hook you up. you can drop my name and mention you’re tight with Dan Pye even though it’s probably a lie.

Don’t mention me…I want nothing to do with this.

^^^ lol

What a jurk! :confused:

Santi can mention me all day long…just none of these other fools

5K for a paint job? DAMN, I remember when 2-3K got you something decent. I guess that’s inflation for ya.

Out of curiosity, do you have a break down of why it costs what it does? Im not mocking it, just curious as to the labor and hours that get put into a job like that.

i dont.

it’s all manual labour though. removing trim as opposed to taping it off. removing bumpers and doors to properly paint crevices and jams and other hard to reach areas so that you get proper coverage for paint and clear… not to mention prep. you cant properly paint or prep the mounting surfaces of a bumper while it’s mounted to the car afterall.

as mentioned, top quality materials (paint, clear, base, etc.) on a complete paint job, like BASF Glasurit, is $1,800 for the average car.

would that include taking the glass out? Cuz i know they usually have to get a glass guy in to do that. the trim around my rear windows has paint on it because when they did the quarters they didn’t do that… they didn’t even mask very good! I could have done a better job (but i did months of just masking in highschool, so i got good at it)
I used to work For Alain at the Cambridge CARSTAR. If i ever get into an accident i’m heading there, even though he probably isn’t there, or would even be able to remember who i am lol. So far CARSTAR has been the most consistent for doing good work, at least in cambridge.