Car painting

I want to get my new 350z repainted, it’s black now and would get it repainted in black, door jams, engine bay, etc… would not need to get painted; just front and rear bumpers, doors and quarter panels, hood and hatch and sideskirts.

Is there a shop in the GTA you guys recommend that does good work and not too expensive?

no way to get around the phrase ‘you get what you pay for’ wih car painting.

if you want to pay $500 you’re not going to be happy with it.

I would budget at least $1,500 for a quick scuff and spray and try to do as much of it as you can. Also, the less reputable the place is the more likely they are to lie to you about the quality of materials.

If you do want to spend $1,500+ i can recommend a couple CARSTAR’s that will do this kind of work on the side. They only use waterborne, higher quality paint and materials too so you wont get totally shafted on the materials side of things…

If you really want to save money do all the prep work yourself.

I don’t really want to pay more then $1,500…

I would do all the prep myself, sanding, pulling dents, filling and primer.

^ most shops don’t like that because everyone does it their own way, even if there’s only very small differences. and in most cases, the body guy will have to re-sand everything anyway because he didn’t like the way you did it (for whatever reason).

you gotta realize painting a car takes a lot of steps, and everyone does all those steps in a way that feels good to them and makes it easy for them. you cant just go 3/4 into painting a car, dropping it off at a shop and say finish it up with some paint. well, you can… you can get a full paint job for $500, but it will look worse than if you had done it yourself, and i also assume you want some quality since this is a 350

King’s Auto Off of Progress ave. in between Brimley Rd. and Midland Ave in Scarborough.
They do great work, but not cheap.

Some body shops will refuse to paint your car if you did the prep work because of their reputation. If you do shite prep work and they paint it then it looks like shite and it will look bad on them.

If you take the parts off yourself, bumpers, headlights, tail lights, door handles, trim pieces, you can save a lot of money. Quality paint is a must, make sure it’s base and clear. The only upside to waterborne paint is that if I shop is using it, it’s probably a more reputable shop. Otherwise if I had the option I wouldn’t want my car painted with it.

I’m with Bing. Used to work at a CARSTAR and they did really good work. I myself am not to keen on the waterborne paints tho… We use RM’s water based paint at work. No problems with it so far though, so i can’t really complain.

hey man my cousin owns a shop at kipling and horner.

he was the one who painted all my benz, colorado, and my first car i30 lol back in 99. and he is also painting my brand new 2011 ram 3500 laramie.
ill ask him to hook you up but it ll be more like 150 or so / panel.

car star is sick. they are recomended by everysingle insurance company out there… that just proves it… but they are really up to the ass on a price wise…

if your interested getting your 350z painted at my cousins shop feel free to call me at 416 569 3896
shop is right by the kbw towing s dispatch office.