Painting

so i been painting little outside trim peices from my car all day. I am getting rid of ugly black trim and painting them the same color of my car. I also shaved off my front emblem and painted the grill. I will post pics when im done. I should of took a before and after but i forgot so stay tuned for updates

ya so im bored today lol

:bigthumb:

ya so no one sells the right match for my car. went through 2 different whites and neither of them match right. My car is aspen white but its called pure white in japan (not sure why it has 2 names) so i figured advance auto sells pure white it has to be the same, I was WRONG. So i just ordered paint online from paintscratch.com and i will see if this paint matchs this time…

maybe you should try the paint store? they usually can get the color to match up.

Lot of times you can get paint mixed and put into aerosol can.
Try LLoyd’s in McKees Rocks
412-771-9220

ya im just using spray cans since its only small stuff. o well i already ordered stuff from paintscratch.com

i didn’t see your location
try Kelly’s in BV
Donora auto supply
if the stuff you ordered doesn’t work

if your looking to spruce up the outside of the car i dont remember if you did this but you could always clear the front head lights, i will be doing this very soon. the wrx/sti’s look so great with the cleared out front headlights.

i did that last year and it looks so much better cleared out. if u need help let me know its easy to do

alright thanks, how long did it take you to do?

i took my time doing them and i think it was about an hour or 2. the hardest part was trying to get the damn light off of the car with out screwing up the paint but i still managed to do that lol. So far i have no leaks and it looks 100% better. Make sure u get the chrome amber bulbs to do it.

Actuallty they are different colors. Subaru of America is not alowed to import either a thinner or a solvent from japan. This is why stock american subaru paint chips and scatches easily, especially the wrx color sedona red peril

i hate how easy it is to chip and scratch the paint, not to mention how easy it is to crack windshields ive gone through 1 and my second one has a nice 3 foot crack in it that i gotta get replaced b4 my inspection is up in october. the first one was cracked by a dump truck kicking a rock up at me and the next day i had a nice 1 foot crack started. the 2nd one happend when i was running a wrx through some back roads and he kicked a stone up. the 2nd one was worth it though it was a blast. so you gotta pay to play but the first one pissed me off. :doh:

where did you pick those up from?

im probably going to do this sometime this summer when i get a day off of work. so i just wanna make sure i have everything before i do it.

http://www.autolumination.com/
i cant remeber what bulb numbers they are but ill try to find out for u. The chrome bulbs finish cleaning up the look. I even put them in the tailights for the turn singels

nice ya let me know if you find out. ill have to pick some up.

I’m running autolumination.com bulbs as well. Great prices.