Pathfinder for sale

Havn’t actually gone to look at it yet, just let him know I"m interested. Rear bumper is looking like shit but I know somewhere to get another one. Other than that, whats your guy’s opinions of it? Seems fairy clean, engine bay doesn’t look to bad either

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117153

Check under the rear seats for rust, the front part of the rear wheel wells and check up the rear front wheel wells (About 5 inches back) for rust. See how long it takes for drive to engage when shifted from neutral (If there is a delay the tranny may be on its way out). Make sure the Auto locking hubs are still functional, they wear out after a while.

And get a full inspection done on it, cause its better to loose $100 that buy a lemon.

wicked advice man! Under the rear seats? You of course mean under the SUV? That tranny advice is awesome too, automatic and Memorial drive traffic is gonna be nice. What are you overall impressions just of the pictures?

Well I think it looks ok from the pictures, but as Flavio said check for rust. Rust is the devil. I spent a good hour today prepping my strut tower today so that I could weld in a new patch of metal.

front cv joints need changing, back brakes are a 20%,Torsion Bars are sagging, dont know if they need to be replaced or fixed, and something in the Torque converter. its a little weak when it first excelarate.

That is what he sent me whats wrong with it. He said he’ll go down but I don’t know if its even worth it now. What do you guys think?

unless the t bars are shot just give them a little crank and you are good to go,that will bring the front end up but it will also give you a little more negitve camber, recomend a alignment anyway.

as for other rust spots, check the frame, right in the rear wheel wells they are notorious for rusting out, and if you crawl under the unit check the where the rear coil spring perches are welded to the frame, common rust spot.

other than that a pathfinder is a solid rig, 350 000 km on mine on orig auto trans and engine, and i have no issue in trusting it. (taking it out to lake louise this weekend)

also the steering, mainly the idler arm on the 1st gen pathfinders are really weak, take a peek at this and see if its deflecting to either side of the vehical. (this will show if this unit has been used off road hard)

otherwize just go for it and follow all the other good things flavio (NIS240) said and you should be on your way to a plesent pathfinding experience.

Yes under the rear seats. Just flip them forward and you will see rust or not rust.

what about the torque converter though? How am I supposed to test this? Basically, if it shifts smoothly when I pin the bastard then the tranny is still strong? Thanks for all the advice guys!

oh god how could i forget the HEADERS, one thing about the factory exhaust manifolds are that they come at close to a 90 degree angle off the block so its they get really hot and then cool down, this inturn will over time break the exhaust manifold studs. to extract these and install new one is a labor intensive project. (not designed for ppl with big hands)

pop the hood and giver a listen, sounds like lifter noise almost… i am sure you know what an exhaust leak sounds like.

to give you an idea of how much of a bitch this project is here is a link to when i installed my headers

http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1882

everything was just as he said it was. Only thing is that I found rust bubbles on the frame so no deal. I’ was warned by lots of pathy guys not to get something with rust ont he frame…too bad, rest of it wasn’t bad at all. He actually gave me a ride to the University with him hahaha