people who have imported cars from the states

so i found a car that looks promising in the states but a couple things i’m not sure of mainly what’s the best way to ship cars (searail wants like $2400 and that’s the only one i know of at the moment) as well as move a decent sum of money in order to pay for the car? also does anyone know of any type of inspection service that will look at a car located in the states and do a mechanical inspection on it rather then me flying down and driving back up (time is limited due to work and summer class)

when i bought my legend I had the seller take it to the local dealer, in my case he had his service done there for several years so their was no problem setting up and apointment.I paid for the inspection which if i remember correct was aroung $100-200

i picked up the car and drove it back so everything except the deposit was paid in person.

Try Allied car haulers, they have the right kind of trailers to haul cars so they may be the best.

Make sure the car is able to come to Canada before you take the hassle.

ya man fly down for 2004 pick the car up drive back its way cheaper

It’s Actually called Allied Systems (Canada) They are located just past the Road King in Sherwood Park, and on the other side of the Yellowhead I believe it is 17A Ave. To ship a car from Edmonton/Sher. Pk to Thunder Bay is $590 so yeah it is pretty cheap.

thanks for the responses, i’m located in winnipeg so i was looking for a more national company much like searail however based on their costs compared to flying down and driving back it will be much cheaper to do the later however it means i have to take time off work and miss a few of my summer classes which is what will pose most of the hassle

as to getting the car into the country that’s not a problem as i’ve checked all that and what not.

if anyone has suggestions on car shipping companies that would deliver to winnipeg and pickup the car keep em comin also a way to move large volumes of cash (sounds sketchy heh) that would be great :slight_smile: