Importing a Vehicle from US

I’m sure there are people who can help me out here, but has anyone ever imported a car from the US? I’m looking at possibly hiring someone to do all the leg work, like going to the border and picking up the car, because it is too far to drive on my own. Any help would be great.

i have, the question is how much are you willing to pay for someone to do that?

Well, I’m not sure what the going rate it for doing this, so I probably get raped anyways. If it saves me a trip to the border to do the paperwork, I don’t mind paying a little extra.

www.riv.ca for all the importing info.

I advise you find a shipping company that will ship the car to you then. You can do the paper work online i think.

A) This trip is going to require two people; one to drive your car, the other to drive the car they came to the border with( not sure if you can fly there or train it there)
B) It takes approximately 14 Hours to get to the border another 14 to get back
C) Gas - $$(paying for two cars) 300 - 400
D) Food - $$50 - 100
E) Motel - not sure
F) Then you have to pay them for doing this for you 50$(if you are lucky) an hour or whatever rate they set.

these are just some of the concerns you have to face.

DB240, thanks, I know of the site.

Sh*t. Well, it is probably easier if I get a friend do help me and I can do the paperwork. 14 hours? it can’t be that long, 6 to Calgary from Cold Lake, and another 8 to the border? Can’t be.

Thanks

If you are serious please msg me about the vehicle that you are interested in and the time frame in which you are looking to pick this vehicle up.

Thats how long it took me to get from the border to Edmonton. 'Sides i doubt anyone on this forum in their right minds would do this, for all we know you could be a drug dealer looking to for delivery boyz?

gl with it, though i would reccommend you just ship the car. That trip is definitely not worth it, trust me i know.

Shit, you caught me. I’m a drug smuggling Private in the Military, Cold Lake is just a front for the biggest drug ring between the US and Canada.

Seriously, I can do this myself with a friend, or to make it easier on myself, have someone get the drugs…er get the car accross the border. :lol:

Can’t you just hire a customs company like AACB to do that work for you?

Thanks, I need companies just like this. :smiley: