importing a car from japan...myself

ok this topic may have been answer million of time, but too lazy to search, i found a nice car in japan and i am thinking of importing one myself, the car is a 92. has anyone here import the car by themselves before? and can share some info on what to do? is it the same as RIV.ca?
thanks

If its a 92 then you have to check the date of manufactured cause if its a late 92 then you may have to wait and pay storage fee’s to get it here. Its a difficult process to do by yourself and it can be over whelming and it takes a lot of trust in the seller to buy a 7,000-30,000 dollar car from pictures. I would rather prefer buying from a reputible importer cough japanese imports cough for the amount of commision you pay it saves alot of the head aches you will experience if your up to the challenge you may proceed.

im pretty sure you can import it already. since it’ll take at least 4-5 months to get here. as long as its 15 yrs old by the time it lands in canada, your safe.

thanks guys, i may ask one of the importer to hook me up.

Hi we can help you with a custom order from Japan; email mitch@jdm-imports.com

Thanks!
Mitch

I imported my Skyline GTR myself. Its not hard, just takes a lot of patience to be quite honest. Yes, it does take a lot of trust to fork over thousands of dollars thats for sure!

Goodluck with your future car!

something to consider though is the 15 year law may be changed to 25 i beleive they started to get the ball rolling on may 17th or so and from then it could be in affect within 75 days

so any car which isnt inside canada cleared as a canadian vehicle wont get in even if it has left on a ship to come over it can be denied at the border

im not 100% sure on when it will be the new law or if its still rolling because i stopped caring once i got my own car but yeah thats something to consider

oh and as for taking 4-5 months atleast to get here my car took about 10 days to get from japan to canada

it didnt ship out right away after paying for it but shortly after but all in total from the day i sent the first payment for the car to when i picked the car up here it took 7 weeks

that included it sitting in japan for a couple of weeks then across the ocean then spending a couple weeks in bc then going to winnipeg then getting shipped into ontario

but yeah 7 weeks so less than 2 months mine took

but i didnt import it myself i went through one of the only importers id trust which is coyote cars in winnipeg i havent been impressed by most ontario importers im sure there are some good ones but the ones i saw didnt sell qaulity

anyways just saying make sure you can actually have the car brought into the country you’ll have a very expensive overseas paperweight otherwise

Pfft! Coyote cars better than ours? I don’t think so… :hmm

oh not bashing any of yours i havent seen your cars im just talking about some of the others ive seen in person

like i said im sure there are some good ones

coyote cars just got me the exact car i wanted to every detail and my car is pretty mint

LOL! No worries… "D