phish-o-vision

:cool:

I like those placo fishies. Those would glow nicely. Tetras are cool colored too…Im not good w/ fish. I called a friend last night but hes mostly reptile. You seem to know a bit…Help me pic some good ones out?

The filter is a hand made canister filter w/ pvc pipe and hydrolic hose. The boyfriend loves to over kill. But we cant seem to get the right suction to keep it running. Its on a normal pump. Its got bioballs and filter in the pvc pipe.
He designed it so that we could just unscrew the top and change the filter easily but the screw on top on holds suction for so long before it lets air in, then it shuts the pump off. Hopefully we can get that completed today.

did you just compliment in my thread?

Are you feeling well?

we have another scrap tv in the basement…you game?

i like the idea.as for fish depends what u wanna go with community tank,cichlid tank?oscars are nice fish and there not that messy.i have 4 of them lol.best bet is to go with lil fish that dont give off alot of waste since it looks like thats all ur usin as filteration.

thats some hefty filtering!

Doug got a different filter at work yesterday…we are gonna try that out.

cichlid? what are those?

fish!

Wow what an awesome idea! That looks so cool!!!

im gonna fish you…

Are those the fish that like to rearange your tank?

hes cute. i like him.

http://www.mypets.net.au/petimage2/new%20photos%20for%20my%20pets/Red_Texas%20Cichlids.jpg

LOL…that “cute” fish looks like a male flowerhorn. He will grow big enough to eat your finger and any other fish that goes in the tank.

I have an awesome under the tank Fluval canister filter FS! You should buy it. :slight_smile:

Bio balls are pretty much useless w/ out an open air environment. They are usually used in trickle filters. The are an excellent breading ground for anaerobic bacteria. Lots of surface area, lots of oxygen, and little water. BE sure you have both chemical and mechanical filtration as well. Chemical = minimum of carbon, mechanical = some sort of sponge or debris catching media. A lot of times the mechanical is also the biological so don’t use chlorinated water to wash it out. Just use some of your tank water to clear the debris from the media.

great.

well that sucks.

i like my flowerhorn.hes only 4 inches but he isnt killin anything.he was bullying the tank til i bought a red devil to calm him down haha

sweet