Photo Contest Vote! May '08 Theme: Water

Call me crazy, but I think we may be seeing a winner.

haha yea… i think so

Fox News would have called this vote early Monday morning.

Even CNN would have called it by now. Heh.

hate to admit it…but i think the photos are pretty weak to be considered for a contest.

ok, I’ll leave voting open for the rest of today, just before I leave (5PM), I’ll give someone their props!

The photo I orig took got lost on my usb drive so I had to take one the the day before which wasn’t the greatest… I know you have a camera so you better enter next months :stuck_out_tongue:

who submitted wet. it seems something is fishy with that photo…

OMG THANK YOU!!!

:clap:

dont get me wrong…props for people taking the time to take the pics, more than i can say for myself since im really not into photography… but these are just not very good at all.

what do you mean fishy?

Oh, and I have plenty of pictures I’d enter into a contest but the fact that the picture was supposed to be taken within the couple weeks could account for your lack of enthusiasm for the entries.

It means I found some things in the photo that may be indicative of “more than a touch up in photoshop”

lets just say, its not clearly a chop, but I found some statistical anomalies that lead me to believe its been manipulated past teh typical clean up.

There isn’t anything wrong with that, someone could have submitted an HDRi if they wanted.

why do u have to hate

its not healthy to be mad at everyone/everything

Since the contest is fairly over, I actually took that picture :slight_smile: There was very little photoshop done. I simply cropped and slightly sharpened the pictuer (unsharpen mask 1pix, 80%). It was taken in a lightbox with my 50mm 1.8 lens shot at 1.8 aperature. That goes to show that you don’t really need photoshop for many effects, lighting and lens play a big part :slight_smile:

:tup:

I’ve definitely seen better stuff in our Random Picture thread. Hopefully next month we get more submissions.

werd.

Since it looks like we’re pretty much calling this one done, the water balloon was mine. I really wasn’t completely happy with it but I was tired of filling water balloons and trying to capture the instant they popped. I went through about 30 balloons. Later on I figured out it probably would have looked better with a dark colored background.

ooops i never sent mine in, i will def enter the next one though

Winner: JayS - Water Balloon vs Knife

Great shot and congrats!

edit: doh, you beat me to it lol :slight_smile:

I think if one of the forum sponsors wanted to throw something in (even if it’s a 10 dollar gas card) for the winner, we’d get more entries and make it more interesting. Any sponsors interested? :slight_smile: