There seem to be more and more people into Photography...how about a monthly contest?

Monthly theme, then a poll with the pictures anonymously. Who would be in? Winner from the month gets to pick the next months theme.

K, Theme is WATER here are the rules…

• The deadline for submissions is May 31
  • The photo must be taken between the start and end of the month’s contest(no previously taken pictures)
  • The image can be no larger then 200KB*
  • Include your forum username when submitting
  • The submitted photo must be in the form of a .jpg
  • Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)
  • Submit no more than one photo
  • The form must also be included when submitting the photo
  • The forum Admins and Moderators reserve the right to exclude or remove any photo solely at their discretion

…Copy and Paste this into your submission email…
NYSpeed Username:
*Photo Title (optional):
Is the photo 200KB or less? Y/N
Is the photo a jpeg? Y/N
Has this photo been posted before? Y/N
Please submit only one photo per challenge.
Please enter your email subject as “May '08 Challenge Submission”
*Please ensure that the attached photo is named the title you wish it to have otherwise the title will not be used.
… … …

Please email your photo to nysphotos@gmail.com and remember to enter the subject as indicated.

I grabbed the general rules from thephotoforum.com, so props to those guys :slight_smile:

sure

I’m in.

k, first theme will be water… I’ll write up some general rules.

done, go take some pictures, pick one and send it. Post something saying that it was sent too.

do the pix have to be in state?

or can i take them out of NY?

why cant we just post our pictures here? why do we have to email them? i just think it would be easier to post them up. but whatever

Annomyous voting. No one knows who took what picture.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7484/krogerwatertk9.jpg
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7484/krogerwatertk9.28d3a47dcf.jpg

yay i win!

sounds like a good idea tho, i know a few ppl on here that are really into photography…i lack the creativity to take decent pictures

I just started something like this at my work.

I’ll be down as soon as my new camera comes in.

What / he said.

They can be taken out of NY State.

Photoshop tweaks allowed I assume?

Usually only contrast/brightness in the contest we use to run. No color alterations were allowed in what we ran. I don’t know how they want to do it here.

I say any PSing allowed. I’ve taken many shots which look better without PS, so I don’t feel that there is a great advantage. Chop away!

My suggestion is allow PS’ing just because I don’t want to see this turn into a “I can tell that’s not straight from the camera because of XYZ” bitch fest. And as was said, a truly great photo isn’t helped by post shot editing.

I would suggest no borders, or standardize on a border. This is supposed to be about the actual picture.

u mean nyspeed name?

…Copy and Paste this into your submission email…
ThePhotoForum.com Username:

HA! At least I gave them credit in the orig post lol!!

edit: fixed… no go take a picture of water! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol word

No borders, no watermarks, etc. If you are concerned with people stealing your image, email the raw image to the contest moderator and post a watermarked image in the thread for voting. It is plenty easy to tell if an image is unadulterated. If the originator is worried about file size then someone else should collect the images, or another means be utilized.

If people won’t pony up for that then why not an on your honor no photoshopping. If you have to cheat to win at an online photo contest with no prize then you are the epitome of failure.

cool i’ll try my hand at this :slight_smile: