There seem to be more and more people into Photography...how about a monthly contest?

I think photoshop is fine, if someone wants to edit their picture to no end… hdr for example… then some people will like it and other won’t. That’s almost like saying “no filters.” I can create some HDR looking images with the contrast/saturation in my camera and using an ND filter. Sure it never went into PS or Photomatix but it may look like it.

PS: no new emails… go take some pictures! :smiley:
I already know what I’m doin.

Is it 200kb or 150kb? Rules say 200, then the Y/N checklist says 150.

Is there a certain pixel limit, or just what ever you can cram into 200/150kb?

Either make it a photoshop contest, or a photography contest. They are not the same.

Making people learn photography as opposed to using photoshop as a halfassed crutch would be more interesting to me, but thats just my $.01.

stop it walter just STOP :’(

interesting idea, i’ll jump in on this

Or better yet, run it just the way the OP suggested and if you don’t like it don’t play. :stuck_out_tongue:

This isn’t 1950. Most people, including professionals, do post shot editing.

Just realized… sorry about that… it’s 200kb. You can do any size, try to keep it to 800 pixel max though, it will just look funny bigger than that.

There is a difference between post shot editing and the crap that is posted on here on a regular basis :walter:

Are you going to submit a photo?

probably just keep cryin’ :cocktease:

haha that smiley fucking rules.

well if someone thinks a pic is overdone, then dont vote for it dope

What would really be cool is after the contest is over if the photo guys could give pointers on what could be done better. I’m always up for critique from some of the old pro’s in this new hobby of mine.

I was thinking that too… I like useful pointers.

Took my water picture :slight_smile:

I’ve got a couple ideas I want to try out this weekend.

Took mine and sent it in.

got it… good to go.

Time is running out… looks like it’s just going to be me and JayS

2 more days, get your pics in!

If I get time I may take one before selling the D40x