Photo Editing Software Q

I decided to ask this question here while I wait for my account at buffalofstop to get approved.

I just picked up a d60 which will be coming along for my little adventure in Europe for the next 4 months. Im sure I will have enough down time to do some editing, but the only computer im bringing will be my MSI Wind netbook. Its only got a 1.6g processor and 2g of ram.

Now im highly competent in photoshop CS4 despite my beginner in photography status, but im assuming it would be HELL to run on my little puny netbook.

SO what im asking you is, what is a fairly light, yet minimally watered down program I can use while im abroad to edit some shots.

Thanks in advance.

I have CS2 if you want to give that a whirl. Just text me and let me know.

Photoshop elements is really small and has a lot of the features of CS

CS2 was smaller than CS3 but then they lightened it down again in CS4 correct?

I haven’t used Elements in a few years, but the last edition I tried would be a little to exclusive to some of the features id need.

I have photoshop elements 2.0 and it does everything I need it to.

Not to say I will even be dipping into them, but do you know if Elements 2 handles RAW files?

I use paint.net since I am to lazy to try and find photoshop.
It runs fine on my old pc’s

photoshop 7.0 runs pretty well on my POS laptop. i dont think it would give you any problems.

How about just using lightroom.

Is Lightroom a fairly light app? I assumed it was as heavy as PS

its very light… I don’t like how it archives the photos though…

very easy to use though.

Hmmm… I guess Lightroom wins then between the great reviews I have heard about it and the size.

Is it set up similar to PS at all?

not at all… but its really easy to figure out

Would you say Lightroom has more editing features than Elements does?

And also, anybody have any links to some proper torrents?

what about GIMP?