Picked up a Rough Country Lift today

Im finally going to lift my jeep cherokee, its long over due I ran it around for a while Tucking 31’s

I went with the 4.5" and plan on running 33X13.50x15 tires SS LTB’s

So i will be ready to do some wheeln’ if my dana 35 holds up!

Congrats. The 35 won’t hold up, save some money for a nice 8.8 ford or something comparable (dana 44 comes to mind).

sweeeet takepics

nice… just put 4.5 in rough country springs and lca’s in the front and procomp 3.5 in leaf springs and 1.5 shackles in the rear of my cherokee and tucked some 32/11.50’s on it looking for wheel and 33/12.50’s right now in a mud terrain

so its getting put off trailer bitch?

that d35 will be fine if its kept unlocked. my d35 in my ZJ lasted a long time, LOCKED, on 35’s!! (v8 powa too). you can find a d44 or go 8.8 later on pretty easily

No its still going to be trailer bitch!

They say if you weld the part of the axle it holds up a little better,

Does a mustang 8.8 Fit? How much shorter is it? I dont want to run a locker just a lsd of some sort

the 8.8 is like an inch narrower? I ran wheel spacers on mine b/c the 39.5’s rubbed on the inside. I actually just junked an explorer with one in it :doh:

Get the explorer 8.8" with the disc brake conversion. I believe Domination and 1st-Try could do any perch adjustments if necessary for pinion angle and whatnot.

I ran a 95 explorer 8.8 in my ZJ with drums. It was cheaper in the end b/c my second one that was disc brakes i ended up putting a couple hundred into calipers, pads and rotors. They are still 31 spline.

I see I am prob going to go with the 8.8 when i come across one, and try and get the factory “locker” or whatever it comes with.

Update: I found a 4.5 lift “rubicon express” on craigs list for $200 so i am taking back the lift to NTW, the money i saved from that i am going out and buying a Lock-Right front locker for my 30.

Good find.

I found this cruising craigslist
“ford 8.8 $175”
“mustang/t- bird 3.55, trac-loc”
Would this one work?

Call the guy and have him tape measure the wms-wms dimension. If it’s the same/similar as the D35 you have on there now, go for it.

the only 8.8 you want to look for is out of 95+ explorers. The mustang ones are junk.

31 versus 28 spline?

Heres the plan
lock the front,
leave rear alone
IFF the rear busts install 8.8

probably do you a hell of a lot more good to lock the rear first. Don’t get me wrong a locker in the front is nice, but if your towing on it and wheeling it, get the better rear end first TRUST ME

8.8 rears needs the perches moved and welded and the shock brackets welded they seem like a pretty easy set up just set pinion angle and make sure the rearend is centered and and weld away the 8.8 is 1.625" narrower and the bolt pattern is the same 5 x 4.5"

explain!

i think locking the back is going to help explode that axle sooner. the front 30 should be fine locked. I didn’t start breaking shafts till i was 37’s (locked front and rear)