Picked up my new ride

I hear you on this. I’m debating whether or not to trade the GTI in this summer for something AWD and automatic…with the Miata in the garage now I don’t need a manual DD/fun DD.

Freshly detailed. Realized about 1/2 way through I’m too old for this detailing shit. Lol

1 Like

Looks mint :+1:

I hear ya on the detailing… I realize I need to do my RR but it’s going to take me almost a half day to do correctly.

Like a god damn mirror.

Saw you today on Millersport at N Forest when I got out of work. Looked as clean as it does in the pics.

Thanks. That’s right near my work so chances it wasn’t me with that car are pretty much zero. Heh

i saw an RS6 sedan on the 90 the other day… it was sick. did not know those were out in NA.

Looks great man, glad you are enjoying it. Never been to the tail of the dragon yet… Jealous.

Quattro + snow tires is like winter cheat mode.

top down bro… go all the way

You need to be more like this guy;

1 Like

Not even sure the computer would allow it. There’s a specific line in the owners manual about not using the top below 35 degrees because it’s too stiff and could be damaged when it folds up.

We did cruise from Holiday Valley to Mud Sweat and Gears with the top down once after skiing this year, but it was 60+ degrees and we were really hot from skiing hard. Still got some weird looks cruising through Ellicottville.

That was your MAGA bumper sticker, lol.

No salt on the car driving all the way to Ellicottville? Must of been perfect conditions for keeping the car clean.

No, it was wet so it hid the salt. :slight_smile:

Car looks nice, I definitely dig that color.

Conditions have been horrible for skiing/snowboarding this year. I go Sunday nights and it seems like its raining Friday/Saturday, then back to freezing Sunday. 2 weeks ago was nice though! Probably the best of the winter so far.

I’m on day 14 and we’ve only had 1 day of bad conditions. That was the Sunday after that 60 degree rain on Saturday. It got down just enough below freezing Sat night/Sun morning that the entire place was boilerplate. Jill and I took 5 runs and bailed. I was worried it was going to be bad but since we do season passes it was worth taking a chance. Other than that though we’ve had excellent conditions this year. Helps that most of our skiing has been days and being there for first tracks and gone by 2pm or so when it starts going to slush.

I’ve been talking to some people that work at HV and they said the new SnowSat system has really helped this year with how little natural snow they’ve had. If you haven’t seen it check it out:

Looking forward to Whiteface next weekend and Gore over presidents break.

I’m jealous. I wont be able to get to a east coast resort this year. Probably the first year I’m not in about 7-8 years now. Hopefully you get some nice weather.

My buddies first time out this year and really 2nd time boarding was that weekend with the ice rink. lol It was pretty terrible and I wish I would have tried ice skating down the run.

I’ll have to check out the grooming video, I know they got a new system with a depth gauge. Still just wish we’d get some storms and keeping the weather below freezing for more than a week.

I’d be close to 20 days but I had hernia surgery right before the season started and missed the first 2 weeks. First time in a long time we weren’t out there for either opening day or the day after. Could have been a lot worse though considering I had the surgery 11/14 and was skiing on 12/8.

1 Like

That’s gotta handle nice in the snow, I get fuckin stuck in my driveway even after I plow it