PICS: DTM Round 3

Spent the last couple days helping out a team with practice and quali and went around the circuit Sunday for some snapshots. Enjoy

I’ve got many more races on the calender coming up and Goodwood Festival so hopefully get some more pics soon

I love the look of the DTM cars, the racing not so much though. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

That gray benz is tasty.

Thanks for sharing :tup:

very cool looking

I hate you

Pretty sweet, like others said, those are some awesome looking versions of “regular” cars.

X…

Good maybe you can answer this, what is the I “heart” decal in place of the license plate of the cars?

I can’t tell from the pics are they still regular cars? Hood opens? trunk opens? etc?

They look really cool

They started as actual cars, and then highly modified. I respect the series 10x more than Nascar b/c of it. You can recognize what’s out there, and go to the dealer and buy one (in stock form).

That funny looking symbol is for Deutsche Post, aka Germany’s USPS, the series main sponsor

The car’s use the existing body but that’s about it. They all use a Carbon Fiber tub like the McLaren MP4-12C and 500hp V8’s. At 2400lb they’re damn fast.

A great thread! What are the odds!

^Thanks I have always wondered what that was! I just looked it up and learned more about Thurn and Taxxis than I ever wanted to know. lol

I want all of those cars… so hot.

Nice photos!

REAL BMW drivers race with the Angel Eyes on!

Great pics :tup:

Gaaaaaaaayyyyy.

I thought you were doing britcar?

Haha you would. Yes I am, but I ask around in every series offering free help too for experience and contacts, but it just so happened that I’m doing a thesis project in DTM so I was invited out. Next races to shoot are Blancpain World Endurance and Le Mans 24hr in a couple weeks. Stay tuned!

WOW!! I would love to go to one of those races!! very nice pics